Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Will They or Won’t They by Stephanie Doyle

UPDATE: The winner of THE DOCTOR'S DEADLY AFFAIR by Stephanie Doyle is Katy Pool. Congrats! Please send your phsical addy to Contests(AT)KnightAgency.net.

I’ll admit it; I’m a huge TV fan. I watch tons and tons of it. Reality, dramas, comedies you name it. But by far my biggest weakness is for those shows which have a relationship component where the couple is struggling to get together. Or more often, doing everything they can to stay apart.

I watched West Wing to see if Josh and Donna would get together. Bones – to see if Booth and Bones would get together (I’m still angry about what they did with that couple this season) House - to see if House and Cuddy would get together. Finally they did!

Everyone always thinks the show is over when you get the couple together but to me it adds another layer. Right now I’m loving House and Cuddy.

Although I’m obviously in the minority because most TV shows will string it out and string it out season after season. Then when they’ve done everything they can to keep them apart – in walks the “other” love interest. I HATE the other love interest. You know they are just temporary filling to drag our favorite couple through even more.
I told myself I wasn’t going to watch Castle. I was already suckered into Bones and suffering through their “will they or won’t they experience” and I didn’t want to take on another couple who will torture me for the next few seasons. But all it took was that one episode where I found myself invested in them and… bam. I’m stuck. So now it’s Becket and Castle – will they or won’t they?

I have to say my Silhouette Romantic Suspense (the last month for Silhouette before switching to Harlequin Romantic Suspense!) THE DOCTOR'S DEADLY AFFAIR is all about the “will they or won’t they experience.” As the story begins we learn this couple already has a bit of a past – one really bad first date. We’re picking up with them at just that moment where they are either going to figure out how to be together or separate for good.

Fortunately for them a little thing like murder is just the ticket to help them stick together and work out their issues!

Tell me who your favorite TV couple is in comments and I’ll pick someone to win a signed copy of THE DOCTOR'S DEADLY AFFAIR. The winner will be announced tomorrow afternoon.

 About Stephanie: Stephanie Doyle, a dedicated romance reader, began to pen her own romantic adventures at age sixteen. She began submitting to Harlequin at age eighteen and by twenty-six her first book was published. Fifteen years later she still loves what she does as each book is a new adventure.

She lives in South Jersey with her cat Lex, and her two kittens who have taken over everything. When she isn’t thinking about escaping to the beach, she’s working on her next idea.

www.StephanieDoyle.net

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Jessica D. Stampe said...

Choose just ONE? That is so hard!

I have to pick Brennan and Booth if we're going on the "why the heck aren't they together yet?!" factor. Though Castle and Beckett are a very close second.

As for who did the best "they're finally together!" moment... hands down Josh and Donna from West Wing. They did a darn good job of making it seem real rather than an "oh wait, I just realized I like you!" moment.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 11:49:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love House and Cuddy, I love Beckett and Castle, but the one I really want to see is Booth and Bones.

And can I throw another one in there? PSYCH is one of my favorite shows ever. And Shawn and Juliette did finally get together!!!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 12:36:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jia Gayles said...

Hey Stephanie, just wanted to drop by and say thanks for blogging with us today!

As for fave TV couples. I am a die-hard House and Cuddy fan myself, though I know House is entirely too messed up to ever have a successful relationship. *sigh*

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 1:04:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Scooter Carlyle said...

My favorite TV couple is actually from a show on the BBC, and I love them for the same reasons you love your favs. The Doctor, from "Dr. Who" and Rose have such great romantic tension, and they finally get together thanks to some funky technology and interdimensional travel.

The tension between the new Doctor and his new companion is a close second. I was hesitant to give him a chance after David Tennant left the show, but I'm liking him.

I think romance between all of the Doctors and their companions works so well because warm, fuzzy feelings often just don't occur to him. He doesn't notice his companion's feelings often, and when he does, it's great.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 1:07:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Sherry Lewis said...

Michael and Fiona from Burn Notice. It's not even a contest :)

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 1:08:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Melissa Jeglinski said...

Hey Stephanie, this is a great question.

I'm a fan of Booth and Brennan getting together. And it looks like a lot of others are waiting for that moment, too. We've waited long enough, thanks so much!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 1:51:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mulder & Scully on The X-files was a classic one for me. Now I would choose Castle and Beckett on Castle.

When Jim & Pam on The Office finally got together I was very happy.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 2:03:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Katy Pool said...

Josh&Donna are definitely one of my favorite couples ever--their chemistry is undeniable and the lengths they go to protect one another make the connection seem all the more real--like that episode in early season 3 when Donna lies during her deposition about her diary...aww...

But I have to say my favorite TV couple of all time has been and probably always will be Jim and Pam from the Office. How can you not love them? They are two of the most adorably geeky people. They really seem like two people who could truly be happy together for the rest of their lives--and no one is arguing anymore that the show "ended" once they got together--they've been in a healthy, drama-free relationship for like three and a half seasons now, and their spark is as alive as ever--even now that they have a daughter. Truly two people who were meant to be together.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 5:50:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Megan said...

I agree with everyone else about Jim and Pam from The Office. What a slow, delicious, under-the-surface tale of unfullfilled passion! And in a comedy, nonetheless!

Stephanie, you're right on with your fusteration about the new love interests added to drag out the story (although this happened in the Jim and Pam story with Rashida Jones's character, only it seemed to work in that case). It's something for us to remember as we hit the middle doldrums in our WIPs!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 7:36:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Keriann Greaney Martin said...

Beckett and Castle is probably my first choice. But, I also loved Chuck and Sarah from "Chuck" but they are together now and I love it! I want to see Booth and Bones too for sure.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 7:43:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Stephanie M said...

Definitely Brennan and Booth. I love their chemistry and cannot wait to see them get back to a romantic relationship.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 12:03:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

There are so many, I agree with everyone here. But my absolute favorite couple is Carrie and Big from Sex and the City. (not the movie, the series).

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 9:30:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Kasi Blake said...

Most of the time I have to agree with the people who say a show is over when the two main characters get together. I think in part it is due to the fact that we no longer have that 'forbidden' sexual energy, but I also think it's bad because it is usually a let down. The actors aren't as good together as we thought they'd be.

But I am totally on the Beckett-Castle train. When they kissed that one time while pretending to be a couple, it was HOT. I hope they get together. I'll keep watching if they do.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 11:33:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Michele Shaw said...

I LOVED the Niles/Daphne romance on Frasier. The way he secretly pined for her made for hilarious scenes, yet I always rooted for him!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 12:48:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Brandy Shockley said...

Picking one is very hard. I love Castle and Beckett. Ross and Rachel from Friends are another.

But Booth and Brennan just make me ridiculously happy. I would have to say they are my favorite TV couple. But of course I have to give a nod to Veronica Mars and Logan Echolls. Loved them!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 6:12:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home