Friday, October 21, 2005

TKA Chats present: Marley Gibson

Pull out your PDAs and personal agendas and mark next Tuesday October 25th from 9-10 PM EDT at chat time with Marley Gibson!

Marley knows a ton about the business, and might I add, is a ridiculously good networker. Furthermore, the woman is quite talented at teaching aspiring writers how to open up and introduce themselves. Oh and did I mention that she founded the RWA's online Chick Lit chapter? I could go on and on about how great she is, but I'll just let you read her bio below to get all the good details!

A Litte bit about Marley Gibson:
Marley Gibson has been writing as long as she can remember and now has eleven manuscripts under her belt. Aside from fairy tales she penned in kindergarten and papers she had to do throughout school and college, her first recollection of a novel attempt was a teenage romance when she was eleven years old. Since then, she’s expanded her horizons and is finding her voice as a writer of young adult, chick-lit and romantic women’s fiction. Although she grew up in a small southern town, she now has friends in Hollywood, connections in the modeling and pageant worlds and is a regular in New York City and Miami’s South Beach.

An avid reader, travel enthusiast and a closet gourmet chef, Marley is a member of New England Romance Writers of America, the Creator and Founder of Chick Lit Writers of the World, an online RWA chapter, a member of the International Society of Meeting Planners and was twice named to “Outstanding Young Women of America.”

She holds a BA in Communication from The University of Alabama (Roll Tide!) and has been involved in marketing and events for over sixteen years. She’s worked for four Presidential campaigns, two United States Congressmen and several company presidents and vice presidents in various industries like financial, health care, home building, computer software, higher education and public relations.

Marley works full-time as an event planner and lives in the Boston area with her husband, best friend and personal webmaster, Mike.

Marley's Wesites:
She can be found online at http://www.marleygibson.com/ or at her “cult” hit blog that has been featured three times in The Boston Globe blog log, “The Adventures of Vanessa Virtue” at http://vanessavirtue.blogspot.com/ or at her award-winning website http://www.vanessavirtue.com.

Mark your calendars! You certainly don't want to miss this chat! Also, be sure to keep an eye out on the blog for fun teasers about Marley!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, wow--chatting with Marley??? I do NOT want to miss this one! For anyone who hasn't met her (and let's face it, is there ANYONE this woman doesn't know???) you've got to tune in for this chat. Marley is a riot, and one of the sweetest people you'll ever know.

Did I mention she's fun, too?

:-)

Friday, October 21, 2005 at 11:14:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Diana Peterfreund said...

I second Lisa. Anything this chick doesn't know about the business ain't worth knowing. She's my main source of advice.

Is she going to tell us about her latest coup with the Boston Globe? Discuss her most recent culinary masterpiece? Or her most recent culinary literary masterpiece? ::wink wink::

Friday, October 21, 2005 at 11:22:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, boy! I'll be there! Roooooooooll Tide!

Friday, October 21, 2005 at 11:26:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Marley Gibson said...

Awww...chills...tears. Thanks sooooo much you guys! And thanks to TKA and to Julie for inviting me. I hope I'll be able to help out. I totally believe in paying it forward. So many wonderful people have helped me with such good advice over the years and I'm happy to pass it along.

Eeeek on my picture...I look like I have infantigo!! *EG*

Friday, October 21, 2005 at 11:44:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited...and I'm actually not working that night. I've got a 1st date, but this will give me a great excuse to cut it short.

I've gotten to see first hand what a great networker Marley is, and I've been bothering her daily for industry advice.

This is definitely a chat to mark on the calendar (does anyone actually use calendars anymore?).

Janet C

Friday, October 21, 2005 at 1:24:00 PM EDT  
Blogger The Girl You Used to Know said...

woohoo! chatting with Marley. Awesome!

Friday, October 21, 2005 at 3:30:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Julie Ramsey said...

I'm so glad everyone is as excited about this chat as I am! Marley, I tried to fix up your pic a bit. Wanna send me a separate file of just the pic as a jpeg???
Cheers!
:-)

Friday, October 21, 2005 at 4:28:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marley a networker?? Who knew?? ;)

Can't wait to be at the chat & hear about what all Marley has been up too. I *think* my kids' social life will actually allow me to be online at that time.

Monday, October 24, 2005 at 9:15:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home