Monday, October 27, 2008

Hallopalooza Time! It's Halloween Week on the TKA Blog!

Every time I walk by a pumpkin in the store, I get the urge. But when I think about all the slimy seeds and stringy innards I have to clean out for my masterpiece jack-o-lantern…it fades. I usually end up settling for a nice pumpkin-themed candy bowl for the kiddies – but living in a grown-up oriented apartment community doesn’t encourage much trick-or-treating. And then you know what happens – a story as old as time – single woman watching T.V. alone while ingesting gobs of baby-sized Almond Joys. So what’s a girl to do? How can I catch some Halloween spirit? I know! How about Halloween week on the TKA blog! What a marvelous idea! We can call it Hallopalooza, and have some of our creepiest clients…oops, I meant some of our most magical and delightful clients guest blog. To sweeten the boiling black cauldron we’ll include some great book giveaways in the process!
So here’s the deal, the indomitable Marley Gibson, author of the upcoming GHOST HUNTRESS series, (and who’s set to make her television debut on the Biography Channel's My Ghost Story, BTW) will be our guest blogger Tuesday; Mel Francis, author of the upcoming release BITE ME, is taking over Wednesday; agent Lucienne Diver has some scary treats for us on Thursday; and Friday we are spotlighting the investigative team, Ron Kolek and Maureen Wood, for the New England Ghost Project.

To start things off right, we have a “Caption This” contest below. The person who leaves the most creative, funny description of what’s happening in the picture wins a Steven James Thriller Pack, including THE ROOK and THE PAWN. The winner will be announced tomorrow afternoon!

Hey, knowing all these fantastic authors are blogging this week is sending out some powerful Halloween vibes. I just might stop by the store and get that pumpkin ;).


CAPTION THIS: "Princess Leia"

THIS CONTEST ENDED OCT. 28TH AT 10AM ET.
THE WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED THIS AFTERNOON.


Please check back tomorrow for a chance to enter our
next "Hallopalooza Caption This Contest!"
Thank you to everyone who participated!

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Kristen Painter said...

Help me, SPCA, you're my only hope.

Monday, October 27, 2008 at 11:42:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Lucienne said...

Okay, I know I can't win, but I also can't resist:

Aw, hell, if this is the light side, sign me up for the dark!

Help me, Paul Mitchell, you're my only hope.

(I see Kristen and I think alike!)

Monday, October 27, 2008 at 11:53:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Lexie said...

Thank Pluto I'm not in the bikini...

Monday, October 27, 2008 at 12:07:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Marley Gibson said...

I'm putting mine together right now! Plenty of creepy stuff for the children...bwah ha ha ha ha!!!

Monday, October 27, 2008 at 12:40:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Lauren Baratz-Logsted said...

"I'm too drunk to operate!"

Monday, October 27, 2008 at 1:35:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Come to the Light you said, it'll be cool you said. The Dark side had cookies dammit!

~J

Monday, October 27, 2008 at 1:39:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Tracey Devlyn said...

As if having beady frog eyes, black-n-white skunk markings, and mile-long mouse whiskers isn't humiliating enough, my "master" must dress me up like a ninja with a bad hair day. Sheesh!

Monday, October 27, 2008 at 1:51:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Tami Brothers said...

Some days, it's just not worth getting out of bed!!!

Monday, October 27, 2008 at 2:33:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Pamk said...

sheesh and my master calls me a b*tch.

Monday, October 27, 2008 at 3:39:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Fifi Flowers said...

That is a classic Princess Leia photo!

Monday, October 27, 2008 at 5:20:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Catherine Haines said...

"Don't say a word, Han Solo."

Monday, October 27, 2008 at 6:13:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Attack of the Force in 3...2...1...

(Yes, I read way too much icanhascheezburger and ihasahotdog!)

Monday, October 27, 2008 at 9:27:00 PM EDT  
Blogger CSInman said...

"Getting Leia's scalp off her skull was a bit messy, but I look so good."

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 12:05:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Helzkat said...

"What was Leia thinking with this hairstyle? It looks bloody ridiculous. See I have my not happy face."

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 12:11:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mel is that your dog?

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 10:23:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home