Monday, May 04, 2009

Book in a Nutshell Contest Update!

Thanks to everyone who entered our Book in a Nutshell contest. We received over twelve hundred pitches, making it very tough to narrow that number down to the top twenty. The winning pitches encompassed multiple genres including young adult, sci-fi/fantasy, mystery, women’s fiction, contemporary romance, historical romance and thrillers. We believe we chose an excellent mix of projects and are anxious to read them. Our finalists were notified of their win via email on May 1st and asked to submit their complete manuscripts. At present, we are not listing the winner’s names or entries; however, TKA will make an effort to release names once winners have been contacted and granted permission for personal information to be publically announced.
Because of the huge number of entries, we are unable to notify those who did not final. But we are more than happy to receive queries on these projects. If you are interested in sending us a more detailed query than the three-sentence pitch allowed, please take a look at our submission guidelines on our website and email your query to submissions @ knightagency.net (remove spaces before emailing).
Our thanks to all who made this contest such a success!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger worldofhiglet said...

1200 submissions! I'm staggered - as I'm sure you were. That's a huge amount to get through within the timescale you set yourselves.

Congratulations to the winners. It's heartening to hear that you will be taking submissions from those people who were not selected through your normal process. Well done on a massively successful campaign!

Monday, May 4, 2009 at 1:35:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The contest was very fun and challenging. Thanks for it!!

Monday, May 4, 2009 at 3:47:00 PM EDT  
Blogger sbjames said...

Ditto what lynnrush said!

Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at 9:23:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Michelle Miles said...

I'm glad I entered, even though I didn't make the cut. It made me really think about my story from a different angle. And WOW! 1200 entries. Whew. :) Mega congrats to the winners!

Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at 9:31:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Pete Morin said...

This exercise has led to a very strong query letter.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at 11:14:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Brindle said...

I agree with Perfessor. It helped me focus on the value of every word. My query is stronger for it I believe. =)

Congrats to the winners!!!

Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at 3:08:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Isabel said...

Congrats to the winners! I loved this contest, and like some have mentioned, I now have material for my query letter. Thank you for the opportunity!

Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at 10:12:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kat Sheridan said...

Many congratulations to the winners! Though I wasn't one of them, this really helped me hone my "elevator pitch"! Great contest!

Wednesday, May 6, 2009 at 9:43:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Congratulations to the winners and thank you very much for running this contest. As others have said, my query is much better for it.

Thursday, May 7, 2009 at 10:03:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home