Friday, September 15, 2006

Fridays in Fall

It’s Friday! Can I get a WOO WOO!?!?! Now, obviously Fridays mark the weekend. That in itself is much to celebrate, especially this time of the year. Over the last week or so fall has begun to peek around the corner little by little. The humidity has subsided, in the early morning there is a slight crisp in the air, and the evenings are filled with the sounds of nature making its slow decline into winter. Thoughts have turned to fall festivals, football, and hibernating for the winter with a great book.

Can anyone tell I love fall, and especially fall weekends? Point being, well, Fridays are exciting because they hold a promise of the weekend to come. Beyond that though, Friday’s put a cap on the week, they bring a close to a hard week of work. This past week at the agency we have dug our heels in and made some impressive goals for finishing out 2006. We have also decided that we are going to use Friday’s blog space as a place to celebrate. What better opportunity to look back on all that we have accomplished over the past week and share it with everyone!

So, we’ll start with some of our good news, then it’s your turn. What has happened this week in your life that you are excited about? Do tell!

I know six authors that should be having an amazing week. Why you ask? Well, let me say how proud I am to announce that SIX Knight Agency titles are able to boast having a home on BookScan’s Top 100 list! How amazing is that!?! A big congrats is in order for

#28 PLAYING WITH FIRE by Gena Showalter
#39 INTO THE DREAMING by Karen Marie Moning
#45 SLAVE TO SENSATION by Nalini Singh
#55 HEART QUEST by Robin Owens
#82 ONCE-A-MISTRESS WIFE by Katherine Garbera
#89 TOUCH A DARK WOLF by Jennifer St. Giles

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending the kids back to school did free up huge chunks of time for me. I like fall for that reason--any break from summer's heat is still a good way off. We're still peeling away the layers of sub-tropical humidity here.

Best things to happen this week....

My boys turned 11 and 12 on the 13th. That's right. They have the same birthday. They're such beautiful boys...they're growing so fast...I have so much work to do before they're grown...

I got asked to blurb a book by author William Stillman. I truly admire his insight into the spirtual lessons we can learn from persons with autism. William's request for my support validated all of the drum banging for "right to communicate" and autism educational advocacy I've focused on for so long.

The IRS approved our nonprofit status (It Takes A World Books) AND we got our Girls Gone Dead trademark and website registered. Started taking quotes from printers for and found an awesome book designer who has a child with autism who is willing to work for the cause. :)

I'm over the 15000 word mark on a 70000 word revision.

I didn't get my laundry done, however. The contents of my hamper may become sentient before the weekend is over.

Friday, September 15, 2006 at 6:33:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Knitty Yas said...

Okay, first of all, I have to tell you that I live in AZ. This means that fall for us doesn't start until the end of October. :( It was a lovely 96 degrees today.

Second, I started my re-write. yay!

Third, I lost 2 pounds. :D

Fourth, the comic rendition of one of my fave series finally gave a release date and I couldn't stop doing the happy dance.

And finally fifth, my measly paycheck surprised me with holiday pay. Hell Hath Frozen Over!! hehehe

Friday, September 15, 2006 at 11:53:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last weekend I won something. Two things but one of them I didn't realise I had won until it was shoved in my face. Me! Me! Who never wins door prizes or raffles. Always the bridesmaid in a raffle - never the bride! And it's valuable.Gloat gloat.

On top of some wonderful feedback for my writing... so wonderful I keep going back to read them, oh joy!

It's stopped raining! I'm sick of weaving in and out of washing on clothes horses. Why does every piece of clothing I own have a tag in it that says "DO NOT TUMBLE DRY."

I must say that I'm in full logorreah. That's good folks, even though it looks like a disease you can die from.

The parcel I was expecting from the US arrived. Of course I was happy about that! But the real happiness came from the fact that my husband was away when it came. Phew. Since we moved he's been tripping over every one of my great sins since we moved into this tiny inner city house - (we were supposed to be downsized you see... uh...)

Pennyoz

Saturday, September 16, 2006 at 12:53:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to all these wonderfully talented authors! Well deserved!

And I finished the rough draft of my 2nd demon hunters book this week. Finally!

Saturday, September 16, 2006 at 10:27:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to the authors! That's wonderful :)

Saturday, September 16, 2006 at 2:50:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Cara North said...

Congratulations to the authors.
This week I scheduled the 4th Waldenbooks in my area to let me do a signing next month when my e-book goes print.
I need to get over my chicken hawk status and query the Knight Agency again.
Next week. See I put it in writing that is a commitment. I'll query. LOL!

Sunday, September 17, 2006 at 5:24:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Carolyn Burns Bass said...

Friday morning it rained here in SoCal, the Santa Ana winds blew ever so briskly for a formal announcement of autumn's arrival.

It's Sunday night now and my dog is licking my leg while I sit on the big blue exercise ball in front of my computer. I twisted my ankle in the parking lot of the grocery store tonight and mashed my bananas when I hit the asphalt.

In the week ahead, I'll be hoping to hear whether Nephele was able to tickle the ears of editors about my novel THE NEXUS during her swing through Book Town, USA.

But most of all, I'm excited to give double-handed SNAPS to my Knight Agency sisters for their BookSense achievements.

Monday, September 18, 2006 at 1:12:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Lauren Baratz-Logsted said...

Six??? WOW!!!!!!

Monday, September 18, 2006 at 9:44:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Marley Gibson said...

Huge, major CONGRATS to all you ladies!!!

Monday, September 18, 2006 at 11:22:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home