Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Take Home Tuesday x 3

UPDATE: The winner of the 3-book prize is Beth Harar! Congrats! Thanks to everyone who participated. We look forward to seeing you all at the chat tonight @ 9pm ET with THE OTHER SIDE authors. Remember there will be more chances to win! Beth, please email your physical addy to contests (AT) knightagency.net.
Tomorrrow night, Wednesday, October 21st @ 9pm ET the TKA chat room is getting a spooky makeover in honor of our special guests. The authors of THE OTHER SIDE: A TEEN'S GUIDE TO GHOST HUNTING AND THE PARANORMAL, Marley Gibson, Patrick Burns and Dave Schrader will be answering questions about writing as a group, turning their experience with the paranormal into a nonfiction platform and much more! Leave a comment in today's post to win a copy of their book, plus two bonus books: GHOST HUNTRESS: THE GUIDANCE by Marley Gibson and THE GHOST CHRONICLES: A MEDIUM AND A PARANORMAL SCIENTIST INVESTIGATE 17 TRUE HAUNTINGS by Maureen Wood and Ron Kolek. The winner will be announced tomorrow morning.

Bookmark this link to access our chat room tomorrow night!: http://client1.sigmachat.com/sc.php?id=115545 (Enter any combo of username and password) More prizes will be given out at the chat!!

The 411 on THE OTHER SIDE: It used to be you needed a crystal, a psychic, or a Oijia board to make contact with the spirit world. So who would think science would make it possible for just about anyone to experience a ghostly connection? Cameras, recorders, computers, magnetic field readers and other scientific means are now the tools of the trade. But there’s so much available, how does the average teen weed through it all to create the best possible ghost hunting team? Here to help sort it all out are three of today’s leading investigators of the field.

Together, Patrick Burns, Dave Schrader, and Marley Gibson have more than fifty years of experience. They’ve put together this guide to impart their knowledge and wisdom on to the next generation of ghost hunters.

What’s included:
How to set up a ghost hunting team

The equipment needed and how to use it
Where to look for spirits
Safety, safety, and more safety

Ghost hunting is equal parts science and belief. Patrick, Dave, and Marley are here to help with science part.




Labels: , , , , ,

29 Comments:

Blogger Suzette said...

Looking forward to seeing how the blog looks and am interested in checking out what the authors have to say about the books.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 8:28:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Beth said...

I am a ghost junkie and would love to win this contest. In all honesty, I'll buy the book anyway, but I hope that doesn't deter my chances of winning!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 8:57:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Ellz said...

Hi TKA. I am in the mood for a spooky makeover. Should be a great time. Please enter me.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 9:22:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking at these books inspired a story idea. The muse is in full bloom this morning. Please enter me in the contest.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 9:53:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Jean said...

Very cool! These books look really interesting and fun.

Please enter me.

Thanks!
Jean

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 10:20:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Sharon Day said...

Sounds like it's up my alley! I'll enter.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 10:24:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds great. Thanks for the offer!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 10:47:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Rain Maiden said...

Reading the post gives me goose-bumps. Sound like great reads just in time for Halloween. Please count me in.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 10:54:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Windy said...

I'm definitely interested in all of these!

Please enter me.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 11:05:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Poppy said...

Wow, these look really great!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 11:07:00 AM EDT  
Blogger CarolynPrescott said...

Love all things ghostly and ghoulish. Count me in!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 11:41:00 AM EDT  
Blogger SJDuvall said...

I love ghosts and books about them. Can never have enough. Please enter me :)

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 1:49:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Shannon McKelden said...

These books all look great! I really enjoyed the first Ghost Huntress book and am looking forward to the next!

Shannon McKelden
shannon@shannonmckelden.com

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 2:24:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Java and Books said...

I'm behind in my reading but would love to have 3 new books to read. Love that Marley, Patrick and Dave have a book out. How cool is that?!?!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 3:08:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Marie Byrd said...

I would love to read these books!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 3:51:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Aryn said...

I'd so love to win!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 4:00:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Van Pham said...

sounds great, love anything that has to do with the paranormal. Please enter me.

van

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 4:06:00 PM EDT  
Blogger JJ said...

This is a great contest! Thank you!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 4:53:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Asylumgirl said...

Wow, what a nice prize! I watch all of the ghosthunting shows right now. I am interested from both sides of the fence, both fiction and non-fiction.

Deidre

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 6:12:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Midnight Bloom said...

Wow! They all sound like such good books!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 6:44:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds like an addicting series! I am looking so forward to reading them :) I totally hope I win.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 8:32:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm interested too! Sounds completely brilliant!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 8:44:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Serraphena said...

Count me in - this sounds like a great book for the season.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 8:48:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Chelsea B. said...

Cool givaway!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 10:26:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Steph C said...

Sounds great--these look like fabulous reads.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 10:32:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Donna said...

These all look awesome! Ghosts have fascinated me for as long as I can remember. Please count me in.

Thank you!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 11:17:00 PM EDT  
Blogger CatsMeow said...

looking forward to tomorrow night. love ghost stories. =)

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 12:42:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Scvamp said...

I've always wanted to be a ghost buster ;)
Please enter me!

Anything spooky is so interesting.


mizzamybaby@yahoo.com

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 1:28:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Linda Henderson said...

Love reading anything ghost related. These books sound great.

seriousreader at live dot com

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 3:07:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home