Thursday, July 21, 2005

The Agents and Authors of TKA Shine!

Some Recent Sales by TKA
These are not all encompassing by any means, but just a few that I’ve pulled off of www.publishersmarketplace.com. We have some more that we've yet to announce, but thought it would be fun to announce (especially) Nephele Tempest's two sales at auction within the past couple of weeks. Nephele joined us as an agent this past January after a year working in our submissions department, and is off to a dynamic start!

21 July, 2005
Children's: Young Adult

Debut author Jennifer Echols's QUEEN GEEK, about a high school beauty queen turned band geek in a small southern town, and a second untitled book, at auction to Michelle Nagler at Simon and Schuster, in a nice deal, by Nephele Tempest for The Knight Agency (world). Nephele.Tempest@knightagency.net


8 July, 2005
Fiction: Women's/Romance

Nalini Singh's SLAVE TO SENSATION, about a young woman born to a race without emotions and her encounter with a group of sensual changelings, and a second untitled book, to Cindy Hwang at Berkley, in a nice deal, at auction, by Nephele Tempest of The Knight Agency (NA).
Nephele.Tempest@knightagency.net

20 July, 2005
Children's: Young Adult

Cara Lockwood's WUTHERING HIGH and a second untitled book in her Bard Academy series, where students discover that the books they're reading in class have an uncanny influence over the events in their lives, to Lauren McKenna at MTV Books, for launch in Summer 2006, in a good deal, by Deidre Knight at The Knight Agency (world). Knight@knightagency.net

8 July, 2005
Fiction:
General/Other

Lauraine Snelling's ASTRID, the fourth in her DAUGHTERS OF PROMISE series, and AN UNTAMED RIVER, to complete the historical Red River saga with a contemporary tale, in a good deal, to Bethany House, by Deidre Knight (world).
Deidre.Knight@knightagency.net

28 June, 2005
Fiction: General/Other

Debrah Morris's ORPHANHOOD, a humorous 1955-era novel in which two young orphans set out on a road trip and find a new life, and a second untitled novel, in a nice deal, to Ellen Edwards at NAL, by Pamela Harty of The Knight Agency (NA). Deidre.Knight@knightagency.net

26 May, 2005
Fiction: Women's/Romance

Shannon McKelden's VENUS ENVY, about a goddess-turned-fairy godmother who isn't about to let any reluctant Cinderella get in her way, to Natasha Panza at Tor, for their new chick lit line, in a nice deal, by Deidre Knight at The Knight Agency (world English).
Deidre.Knight@knightagency.net


26 May, 2005
Non-fiction: Health

Eva Marie Everson's SPA FOR THE SOUL, a look at the various ways in which women "treat" themselves physically, and the overlying correlation to the spiritual body, to Jeanette Thomason at Baker Books, in a nice deal, by Deidre Knight at The Knight Agency (world).
Deidre.Knight@knightagency.net

2 May, 2005
Non-fiction: Health

Eva Marie Everson's SPA FOR THE SOUL, a look at the various ways in which women "treat" themselves physically, and the overlying correlation to the spiritual body, to Jeanette Thomason at Baker Books, in a nice deal, by Deidre Knight at The Knight Agency (world).
Deidre.Knight@knightagency.net

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! As they say, "NICE DEAL," ladies! Congratulations. :-)

Thursday, July 21, 2005 at 2:08:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all of the authors and to Nephele, Deidre, and Pamela :)

Thursday, July 21, 2005 at 2:12:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to everyone! I especially want to congratulate my pal Debrah Morris of The Looney Bin! (don't ask :)) And congrats to Ms. Tempest for making her first two client sales. TKA is really rocking lately.

Cindy,
pouting after not winning free drinks. Deidre, I told you I'm hexed when it comes to raffle-type offerings. :)

Thursday, July 21, 2005 at 2:28:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jennifer Echols said...

May I just add that Nephele ROCKS. (Sorry for the slang--I write YA.) Seriously, I could not have had a better experience for my first sale. Well, I could have done without Hurricane Dennis, but I don't think even Nephele Tempest could have prevented that. ;)

Thursday, July 21, 2005 at 2:38:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats and keep up the great work.

I'm happy to see YA sales. I worried that Smooch closing was a harbinger of doom. Can you guys, when you have the time, talk a little about the YA market, specifically the chick lit AND paranormal end of things?

I'm working on something, and I'd like to know more about the thing with Smooch and what's behind it, i.e., is it affecting other houses? Was it just Kate Seaver moving? You know us nervous authors.
Thanks!

Thursday, July 21, 2005 at 3:29:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Diana Peterfreund said...

CONGRATS, JENNIFER!!!!!! I'm so excited for you! (Jennifer and I signed on with TKA at about the same time, so I've been holding my breath for this announcement)

Hey, beejay, I'm not an agent (though Deidre has a great post on the YA market recently, The Quest For Hot YA material), but I say that if you love your book, you should keep writing it!

Thursday, July 21, 2005 at 3:43:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jennifer Echols said...

Diana, thank you so much! We are slowly moving all the PRO authors over to PAN!

beejay, the Smooch news floored me too. The YA market seems awfully healthy to me this afternoon. :) But I was writing YA when YA wasn't cool, much like the current historical writers who are saving their manuscripts for a sunny day.

Thursday, July 21, 2005 at 4:04:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Shannon McKelden said...

Can I just say how honored and blessed I feel to be part of this agency! You ladies are awesome!

Shannon

Thursday, July 21, 2005 at 4:05:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Charlee said...

Congratulations on an impressive list!

Thursday, July 21, 2005 at 8:10:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to the authors and Dnd to Nephele, Deidre, and Pamela. I'm impressed!

Thursday, July 21, 2005 at 9:43:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Nalini Singh said...

What Jennifer said - Nephele rocks! If she were a man, I think I'd marry her ;) I am so, so delighted to have her as my agent.

Thursday, July 21, 2005 at 10:15:00 PM EDT  
Blogger wilddunz said...

Congratulations to all the authors! I love hearing about sales as it always boosts my hope level up another notch and spurs me back to my WIPS.

I am curious about "Auctions" maybe someone can do a post on what that entails, how it works, when to auction, benefits of, etc... Would also love to hear the author perspective of the process as well.

Thanks!! Cindy

Friday, July 22, 2005 at 9:09:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Jana Armstrong said...

What an exciting time to be part of TKA! Congrats to all the ladies!!

Friday, July 22, 2005 at 11:55:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Nephele Tempest said...

Awww, thank you everyone. You're so sweet. And I have to say, it's easy to sell books when they're well written. Well, okay, easier. Both Jennifer and Nalini gave me great material to work with. I can't wait to see their books in print so that everyone can read their terrific stories!

Saturday, July 23, 2005 at 12:22:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home