Thursday, September 29, 2005

TKA Chats Present Cara Lockwood & Other Important Chat Updates


In the spirit of keeping our chats rollin'... next Monday night, October 3rd (double checks calendar) from 9-10PM EDT, TKA Chats will be starring Cara Lockwood! A writer/reader since diapers, the woman is a wealth of knowledge and fun-ny! Logon to her website and read up on all the info and prepare your questions for Monday night!

A Quick Story:
One of the many great things about working for The Knight Agency is the access to the stars and their writing. One of my good friends (who is just about to tie the knot) recently visited my house. Commonly known as the Speediest Reader of the South, she borrowed a few of the latest novels on my shelf. One such book was PINK SLIP PARTY. Only one day later, I check my voicemail to find a giggly message about how much she loved the book and wants to know what else Cara has written and if I would be so lucky as meet this amazing writer. Toying with the idea of "Yes, Cara and I take tea twice a week and discuss her success" (said in an oh so snobbish tone), I told her Cara's other hits and that I would guide her into some other authors that I was sure she'd like while she waits on the next big thing from Lockwood.

The story only gets better. Here's the punch. A few days later, I receive yet another giggly voicemail to find out that her husband to be has also picked up PINK SLIP PARTY and can't put it down. Now, we are talking a hunting, wildlife degree carrryin', manly man who is unable to detach himself from Lockwood's novel.

So, her bridal shower is this weekend, and she wants books to start up her new "married" library... I'm just sayin... I have connections. Lockwood special anyone?

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:
We are currently switching our chat host from Yahoo! to SigmaChat. The chat software and space is still being established at this moment, so please keep an eye out on the blog for more information on where we will be in cyberspace on Monday Night. I will make the announcement of our location as easy to spot as I can!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jana Armstrong said...

I was hoping Cara Lockwood would be the next to chat! I (and all my friends) love "I DO....."

Thanks for the good news, Julie!

Friday, September 30, 2005 at 9:53:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Deidre Knight said...

Cara is so much fun, I know she'll be an amazing chat guest!

Friday, September 30, 2005 at 2:54:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kristen Painter said...

SigmaChat is great! That's what we use at Romance Divas.

Friday, September 30, 2005 at 7:08:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home