Tuesday, March 07, 2006

meme

Ah... now I understand. I got this e-mail from Pamela this morning, announcing "You are it!" and telling me I'd been tagged. This before morning coffee. I had no idea what she was talking about. Then I came over here and the fog lifted... I should probably be a bit more conscious for this, but what the heck. Probably more interesting this way.

1. First thing you did when you woke up today?
Turned on my computer. Yes, I do this every morning, too.

2. Last book you read for pleasure or are currently reading for pleasure?
Four and Twenty Blackbirds by Cherie Priest.

3. Something you're excited about in your job today?
Finishing (hopefully) a copyedit/editorial letter for a new client.

4. Something you're dreading?
Trying to park to get the mail. It's been a madhouse the past week due to construction.

5. The worst conversation you ever had with an editor?
I'm not sure I've been doing this long enough to have a "worst" conversation yet.

6. The happiest conversation you ever had with an editor?
Closing the deal for Nalini Singh's SLAVE TO SENSATION, which was my first sale as an agent.

7. A habit you'd like to quit?
Staying up past 2 am.

8. A habit you'd like to acquire?
Exercising daily.

9. Greatest strength as an agent?
I think it's my ability to look at things both from an agent's and from a writer's point of view.

10. Greatest weakness?
I wish I could read faster, too. As in words per hour.

11. Favorite book of the past year?
Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

12. If you weren't agenting, you might be...
Still freelance writing.

13. You tag?
Oh heck, I don't know enough agents by name yet to do this... Whomever feels so inclined.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nephele, I turn on my computer as soon as I wake up, too. It's a compulsion.

Cindy

Tuesday, March 7, 2006 at 1:03:00 PM EST  
Blogger Marley Gibson said...

I'm so addicted to my computer it's not even funny. I hate the commute to work 'cause there's no computer on the train. I want to invent the Computer Rail instead of the Commuter Rail. Think how much friendlier people would be with more information or things to keep them laughing or occupied. It's a compulsion, I think.

And after all these years (started with e-mail back in like 1994), I still get that giddy rush whenever I get an e-mail message. LOL!

Marley = )

Tuesday, March 7, 2006 at 2:37:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it the browser doesn't work I need oxygen!

Tuesday, March 7, 2006 at 10:36:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They say, there were no potatoes in most continents two centuries ago; no bulb a century ago, no car less than a centry...
People a century from now won't believe there were no computers till Bill made them ubiquitous, and they switched on radio [not computer] on getting up in the morning.

Thursday, March 9, 2006 at 5:37:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home