Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Welcome Kerensa!!


Today is a very exciting day at the Knight Agency. I am pleased to welcome Kerensa Wilson to the TKA team. Kerensa will be joining the ladies working out of our home office, assisting with all of the daily tasks it takes to make this unit flow so effortlessly. We are so thrilled at this addition to our family. I can tell you Kerensa is a joy and you all will love working with her!

Kerensa just relocated from the Chicago area where she got her foot in the business learning about the industry from the retail side, working for the Borders Group Booksellers. She is also a perfect match for us due to her vast knowledge of the Romance market from her experience working as a reviewer for RomanceJunkies.com.

Since many of you will probably be hearing from Kerensa in the upcoming weeks concerning various issues I thought it would be nice for you to all get to know a little about our new intern!

Kerensa, in true tradition of TKA you have a very different first name, tell us about it!

Hey Everyone, First off let me say I couldn’t be more excited about joining the TKA family. My mom actually pulled my name from a Victoria Holt novel, so its no wonder I’m a life-long lover of Romance novels!

Since we are a company based around books why don’t you tell us about some of your favorites?!

This is my favorite thing in the world to talk about. I would say that The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger , Lover Awakened by JR Ward, Parallel Attraction by Deidre Knight, Catspaw by Joan D. Vinge , and The China Garden by Liz Berry are my favorites. If you asked me about any of these books I could go on for hours at a time about how much I loved each one.

If you could sit down to dinner and chat with any 1 author who would it be?

That would be Deidre Knight hands down. Before I joined the agency I fell in love with her novels. I’d love to sit down and pick her brain about each of her characters. She’s created characters so endearing they are more like a family I want to visit than fictional characters. Another author I’d love to chat with would be JR Ward. I love the brothers of her stories. Strong characters totally make a book for me.

Well now that you are working for Deidre I’m sure the first of these requests can be met! Since you are from the Windy City, this Georgia spring must be quite the treat, almost like a vacation. I wish I were on vacation right now – if you could visit any dream location right now, where would it be . . .

I’d be stretched out on the beach, under the sun, indulging in a great novel and chocolate.

She said Chocolate, Yep, Shes going to be a perfect fit! And now, since I’m sure Pamela is wondering (For those of you who don’t know, a highlight of each morning is Pamela bouncing in inquiring “what’s for lunch!?”) – What do you wish would just show up on your platter for today’s wonderful mid-day meal?!

A loaded baked potato, onion rings, and a diet coke would be a dream come true. It’s a wonderful combination.
WELCOME!!!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone! I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all!

Thursday, May 10, 2007 at 9:51:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Nephele Tempest said...

Yay! Welcome aboard, Kerensa! *waves from L.A.*

~Nephele

Thursday, May 10, 2007 at 12:11:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jana Armstrong said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Thursday, May 10, 2007 at 8:32:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jana Armstrong said...

Welcome Kerensa!

Thursday, May 10, 2007 at 8:33:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Liane Gentry Skye said...

Congratulations Karensa!

Thursday, May 10, 2007 at 8:39:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Elaine Spencer said...

Give her some credit people the poor girl is going to be stuck working with me all day long everyday :)

Friday, May 11, 2007 at 8:16:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome to TKA Kerensa! :-)

Friday, May 11, 2007 at 10:44:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Keri Ford said...

Welcome Kerensa. I visited Chicago a year or two ago. Great place would love to go back. The giant jelly bean is awesome. But I wouldn't want to live in that cold weather though!

Keri -a southern arkansan who loves her hot humidity!

Friday, May 11, 2007 at 1:59:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Marley Gibson said...

Huge welcome to the TKA fam, Kerensa! Can't wait to meet you.

Marley = )

Monday, May 14, 2007 at 10:40:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Lauren Baratz-Logsted said...

Belated welcome, Kerensa!

Monday, May 14, 2007 at 1:11:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, My name is Ashley & I live in Bozeman, MT I also have a friend named Kerensa. She knows her mom got her name out of a book, but her mom is now deceased & Kerensa doesn't know which book it is. I would LOVE to be able to get it for her & am sure it is probably from the same book your mom got your name from. Could you PLEASE tell me the name of the Victorian Holt novel...Please! Sorry to butt into your book blog, but I couldn't help myself. Thank you, Ashley (ashlee440@hotmail.com)

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 3:20:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home