Tuesday, April 10, 2007

ONLY IN FRANCE


I don't know what possessed me a couple of weeks ago to check out how the French editions of some of my books were doing over at Amazon France - OK, I do know; I was procrastinating - but I was surprised to see that the second of my Jane Taylor novels, Crossing the Line, was due for release as Un Tres Gros Changement...and that the numbers were good. How good? Yesterday, it was #1 in the Romance category, ahead of Nora Roberts and, well, everybody. And this morning when I woke up it was #55 overall - 55! Figuring there are seven Harry Potter books, several diet books, and the usual bestsellers ahead of me, how much higher can I go? Of course, as of this writing, the numbers have slipped a bit - I'm at 174 overall and number 4 in Romance, but with the time difference, I'm pretty sure all the nice French people who would be buying my book are all at dinner right now.

Now, good question: Why am I so tickled by all this? Because there's too many possibilities for disappontment in this crazy business of ours, so when you have an excuse for joy, any excuse, you leap at it. And what could be more fun, at least for me, than imagining two chic French women, sitting in a cafe, laughing over the antics of crazy Jane. Perhaps one is saying (in French, of course): "That crazy Jane Taylor! What will she think of next?" to which her companion replies, "J'adore Jane Taylor!" Pure fun.


~Lauren Baratz Logsted

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Lauren! That is so fabulous! How fun for you.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 3:27:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does that title translate into A Very Big Change or A Very Bad Change, LOL? I think I need to go find my old French dictionary.

Congratulations, Lauren.

Cindy

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 3:30:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Maureen McGowan said...

Merveilleux, Lauren! Félicitations!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 at 5:05:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Gaurav said...

I've a couple of stories to say, may be more, I dun know if it works. They are short, real short. Drop in sometime

http://www.ispeaking.blogspot.com/search/label/stories

NO fiction, no fantasy, stuff. Plain on-your-face-facts

Thursday, April 12, 2007 at 8:40:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

In any field at all it is important to find the victories no matter how small or insignificant they may seem. Anything else leads to a white coat and two very nice men saying "Mr. Andrews, if you would please come with..."

Friday, April 13, 2007 at 6:20:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home