Monday, March 26, 2007

Article Close To Home



Reading a novel just might save your life. Some of you know and some of you don't, but the little boy scout (Michael Auberry) that was lost in N.C. was my cousin. Now that he's found, safe and sound, the story is interesting to talk about a bit. Reading a novel just might save your life...hmm... very interesting... and very close to home for me (with Michael and my experience on the Appalachian Trail)

A little more on Michael and HATCHET that contributed to his survival in the following article that Nephele sent over my way! Much love Nephele from the East Coast!


I know I read HATCHET as a child. I think my mom even taught it in 5th or 6th grade. Great book for young readers and well anyone really!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool that he's safe... the book is just called "Hatchet", no "The".

Monday, March 26, 2007 at 5:37:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Babe King said...

And if anyone pulls a gun on me, having read Gemma Halliday's "Killer in High Heels" (recent double Rita finalist) may well save my life. That's my excuse to hubby for buying it. :-)

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 at 7:03:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Shannon McKelden said...

Oh, Julie! I'm so glad he's safe! What a great story.
Shannon

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 at 3:19:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Maureen McGowan said...

I had no idea that was your cousin, Julie. I'm so glad he's safe.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 at 11:02:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Julie Ramsey said...

Thanks for the "Hatchet" ... we are SO happy that he's safe too!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 at 9:42:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home