Friday, June 29, 2007

Now it's time to say goodbye....

Friends of TKA,

I want to take a moment to let you know that I have reluctantly decided to leave my position as Marketing Manager, here, at The Knight Agency at the end of June (sniff, sniff today's my last day!). Following my heart, I will take reading and writing into the classroom, and as of next month, I will be starting at Coile Middle School teaching English as a Second Language.


I can only begin to say how much I have enjoyed my time at the agency. TKA is a very special company that only deserves the best, and I am truly grateful to have worked with such fine agents, staff, and ultimately—friends. I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to work with you and for the experience I have gained. Even though I will miss my colleagues and publishing in its many facets, I am looking forward to this new challenge and to starting a new phase of my career.



Oh .....this is truly hard to post up on my baby, the TKA blog. I have worked so hard on this project for almost 3 years now, and it's tough to let it go. However, don't think that you are getting away from me completely! I'll be here to post and reply on the blog as always.

I will miss so much here that it's truly hard to move on, but I've been called and I must follow! Whatever you do, don't stop writing!!!!



Oh and read the submission guidelines to agencies before submitting.. hehe.. that is all...



Love each and every one of ya!

Julie

10 Comments:

Blogger Gillian Layne said...

Your new job is going to bring you so much joy!!!!

From Gillian, a school SLP who works occasionally with ESL kids and loves them!

Friday, June 29, 2007 at 10:11:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Keri Ford said...

Julie, that’s sad news to hear you leave, but great that you’re stepping into education. I know exactly what you’re getting into as it at one time was a major of mine. Bless your heart, cause it’s a big one. I don’t know how Georgia differs from Arkansas, but the government here has gotten things so out of whack with polices and expectations that I just couldn’t swing with them.

You’ve offered us excellent advice and I’m glad to see you’ll be sticking around on the blog to give us more. I’m just starting the archives, so I’m sure there’ll be even more words of wisdom from you hidden off in there.

Best of luck to you on this new adventure in your life.

Friday, June 29, 2007 at 10:25:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Shannon McKelden said...

Oh, Julie! We'll all miss you...as will everyone in the office, I'm sure. Best of luck in your new venture, though. Sounds like you're going to do something you love, so I don't blame you. Hope you drop back by once in a while!

Shannon

Friday, June 29, 2007 at 10:57:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Kristen Painter said...

Take care, Julie! You'll always be the office vixen to me.

Friday, June 29, 2007 at 10:58:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Gina Black said...

Good luck, Julie!

Friday, June 29, 2007 at 11:01:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Julie Ramsey said...

Aww thanks guys! I'll be around! No worries.. I will still be here giving out advice should you want it! ;-)

Friday, June 29, 2007 at 11:19:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Isabelle Santiago said...

Julie, I admire you for going out and following that calling. It's nice to know the kids will have someone truly passionate about the written word to teach them. Hopefully they'll develop that same passion!

Thanks for all you've done! Good luck with your endeavors!

Friday, June 29, 2007 at 3:12:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Julie, I'm sorry to hear you're leaving TKA, but I'm sure you'll be an awesome teacher. Good luck, and I'm glad you'll keep in touch on-line! :)

Friday, June 29, 2007 at 4:59:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Lis said...

Best of luck, Julie!

Friday, June 29, 2007 at 8:03:00 PM EDT  
Blogger talia pente said...

Julie,

We may be unlucky for losing you, but how can we be sad when our loss is translated into a child's gain.

I wish you every success as you touch the lives of a new generation.

talia

Friday, June 29, 2007 at 10:48:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home