Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Sun, Sand and Champions Week

Hey, all, I made it to the beach! I'm hanging out with some of best pals, some of whom you've probably heard of--Jacquie D'Alessandro, Jennifer St. Giles, Rita Herron and Stephanie Bond. My toes aren't in the sand, but I am sitting in the sun on a balcony, the Atlantic ocean crashing against the sand about 100 feet away. This, folks, doesn't suck.

Now, on to Champions Week. NASCAR doesn't host its year-end activities at the beach, though if you've been a fan long enough you know they used to hold the banquet in a hotel in Daytona Beach. These days NASCAR crowns its NEXTEL Cup champion in the Big Apple. The banquet will be held this year on November 30th, once again at the Waldorf Astoria in Manhattan. That, folks, doesn't suck either.

And Liz and I will get to participate in some of the week's activities. Most notably, we're going to be part of a fan festival in Times Square, where FREE copies of No Holding Back will be available. Is that cool, or what? They're also doing driver signings, displaying show cars and giving away prizes. But I know all you guys want to be there for the books. :-) We're thrilled and honored to be part of the big week. I don't know times yet, but we'll be signing books on Thursday the 29th. When I know definite details, I'll be sure to post them on my website (www.wendyetherington.com).

For now, I need to get to work. I have a book due December 1st that's not going to write itself. My bounter hunter is about to chase down his suspect, with a first date in the car who doesn't know what he does for a living. Should be interesting. I'll check back in later in the day and share some of my recent experiences with racing and writing. If anybody has questions, post them in the comments section, and I'll be glad to answer them.
--Wendy

2 Comments:

Blogger Darla said...

hey...stick those toes in the sand for me, would ya!

Wednesday, November 7, 2007 at 5:22:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jennifer St. Giles said...

Hey Wendy! You didn't tell them about the shoes you bought! Watch out NASCAR--Etherington is going to knock your tires off with her hot heels.
Luv you Lots
Jennifer St. Giles

Wednesday, November 7, 2007 at 6:42:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home