Friday, May 15, 2009

The Book Fair for Boys

Agent Nephele Tempest has a great post on her blog about Guys Lit Wire. Guys Lit Wire is a blog that aims to connect the oft overlooked category of young male readers with great books. They are focusing on a special project dubbed "The Book Fair for Boys" that will supply books to young men residing in the LA County Juvenile Justice System. At present, these teens (ages 12 - 18) do not have access to books unless they are brought to them. A book "wish list" has been set up at Powell's where folks can donate to this much needed cause. Check out Nephele's blog for more info on how to get involved.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Lance - Outsourcing said...

Most men prepare action that reading books. I hope they are sure on they target

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 2:11:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Dawn Maria said...

The best way to get boys to read is by example. There are books in every room in home. I read to them as small children and they see me reading everyday. At 16 & 13 my boys still like to read even though other things grab their attention now (girls and You Tube).

My other tip? I always says yes when either of my boys asks me to buy him a book.

Thursday, May 21, 2009 at 6:57:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Philippine Call Centers said...

Very nice post. Very interesting. It is nice to know at a young age that children will start learning and yearning from books. Some still love to read though this generation is a new to the old days where technology wasn't that great. Hope this continues for the next generations to come.

Friday, August 27, 2010 at 8:41:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Pacquiao vs Margarito Live Streaming said...

Really nice post, I've learn new things from it. Very informative. I hope that this will continue to the onwards of boys that are into learning new things from books.

Friday, August 27, 2010 at 8:43:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home