Thursday, November 18, 2010

Countdown to Turkey Day with The Knight Agency: Marjorie M. Liu

UPDATE: The winner of a book from Marjorie M. Liu's Dirk & Steele series (winner's choice) is Maureen. Congrats! Send your physical addy to contests(AT)

Majorie M. Liu, New York Times bestselling author of the Dirk & Steele series and Hunter Kiss novels,  is stepping into the spotlight today to share what she's most grateful for this year. Leave a comment sharing what you're most grateful for, and you'll be entered to win a novel from the Dirk & Steele series -- winner's choice! Check out the Dirk & Steele backlist here.

I think about what I'm grateful for every day -- and it always starts in the morning.

Yesterday, for example. Just before dawn, I could observe from my bed an army of squirrels racing to the tops of trees, silhouetted against the dark sky -- and I thought, "Wow, what a fun thing to wake up to." And then the sun rose, and that was beautiful; and the air tasted clean outside when I took the poodle for a walk; and breakfast was good, and the house was flooded with morning light.

Small things, you know? There are big things I'm grateful for: my family, friends, good health, a roof over my head and food on the table. I'm grateful to have a job I love.

But it's the little moments that are just as special, and they're everywhere, all the time. It's good to be alive. Every day is worth being grateful for.
I wish you all a lovely Thanksgiving, and a wonderful holiday season!

To learn more about Marjorie, visit

*Photo: Marjorie traveling in a cable car at the Great Wall of China.

Labels: , , ,


Blogger Kerri C at CK Farm said...

Hi Marjorie!
Every day is a blessing, and you're right about the small things! Have a great turkey day!

Thursday, November 18, 2010 at 10:11:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Janice said...

Sounds like you have some lovely mornings, and a full life!
So, what am I grateful for.
Friends--online and offline, family, good health, a job I love.
Living in the beautiful PNW-- although there are many great places to live in the U.S.--with the richness & variety of nature that is here: mountains, lakes, beaches.
Cultural things: books, movies, music, art. Great authors [:-))]
Wishing you a lovely Thanksgiving too, and very Happy Holiday season!
And as always, looking forward to more of your fabulous books.

Thursday, November 18, 2010 at 10:23:00 AM EST  
Blogger CrystalGB said...

I am most grateful for my loving husband and family, my sweet kitties, my health and my friends.

Thursday, November 18, 2010 at 11:21:00 AM EST  
Blogger LSUReader said...

I am most thankful for my family--which includes two beautiful, healthy grandchildren--my friends and my church community. Happy Thanksgiving, all.

Thursday, November 18, 2010 at 11:25:00 AM EST  
Blogger Pam P said...

Hi Marjorie. Of course I'm grateful in this economy to have a roof over my head, and for good health for those close, but I agree with you, it's those small things and joys that help us keep on going along. Happy Thanksgiving!

Thursday, November 18, 2010 at 11:50:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think in these days of bad news, we forget about the little things that we should be thankful for and not take for granted.

I know I am very thankful for my family. A wonderful husband, eleven wonderful, healthy kids, our own good health, a job, and even though we are not so well off, I see little miracles every day.

in Germany

Thursday, November 18, 2010 at 12:02:00 PM EST  
Blogger Cybercliper said...

I'm so fortunate - I have enough to eat and a place to live. I have my wonderful DH of 20 years by my side and we both are healthy. Life's pretty good...

Thursday, November 18, 2010 at 12:10:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Chelsea B. said...

That was lovely and very, very true :-)

Thursday, November 18, 2010 at 7:57:00 PM EST  
Blogger Heather said...

I'm grateful for the safe return of my boyfriend from Pakistan. He arrived in the states today. I won't be able to see him for a few days b/c of his debriefing. (He's a US Marshall) I'm also grateful for all of my family members being healthy.

Thursday, November 18, 2010 at 11:33:00 PM EST  
Blogger Maureen said...

I have to agree. This morning I noticed that there is this little rose starting to bloom even though it's been so cold. Happy Thanksgiving.

Friday, November 19, 2010 at 10:32:00 AM EST  
Blogger xiamenb2c02 said...

Top quality of ecco shoes are developed for discerning customers.Enjoy a great selection of newest ecco shoes on sale,free shipping,110% price guarantee.Top quality of ecco shoes is your best chooice for daily life and working,sport,and so on.And hot sale now winter Boots .fashion on the outside,warm on the inside.

Friday, November 26, 2010 at 10:44:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home