Friday, June 17, 2011

Happy Freebie Friday!

UPDATE: The winner of TEXAS GOTHIC by Rosemary Clement-Moore is NoraA! Congrats! Please send your physical addy to Contests(AT)KnightAgency.net. Everyone else, Rosemary is giving away signed copies of her books during the chat on Thursday @ 9pm ET -- so come hang out with us to get another chance!

Today, we're giving away an advanced reading copy of young adult author Rosemary-Clement Moore's upcoming release, TEXAS GOTHIC (Random House, July 2011), as a special preview for her upcoming online chat with us Thursday, June 23rd at 9pm ET. Rosemary is also the author of four other titles, including the Maggie Quinn: Girl vs. Evil series and THE SPLENDOR FALLS. TEXAS GOTHIC is a spin on the "southern gothic" subgenre with layers of romance, mystery, magic and dark motivations... Is your interest piqued? It should be.

You can read more about Rosemary in the June issue of our newsletter, and don't forget to mark your calendar for pub convo, trivia and MORE giveaways with the author next Thursday!

WHAT: Chat with Rosemary Clement-Moore
WHEN: Thursday, June 23rd at 9pm ET
WHERE:
The Knight Agency Chat Room -
http://client1.sigmachat.com/sc.php?id=115545
HOW TO CHAT: Enter any combination of username and password. Login. Your computer must be Java enabled to chat.

The 411 on TEXAS GOTHIC: Amy Goodnight's family is far from normal. She comes from a line of witches, but tries her best to stay far outside the family business. Her summer gig? Ranch-sitting for her aunt with her wacky but beautiful sister. Only the Goodnight Ranch is even less normal than it normally is. Bodies are being discovered, a ghost is on the prowl, and everywhere she turns, the hot neighbor cowboy is in her face.

Freebie Friday Rules: A winner will be randomly selected from the comments on Monday morning (June 20th).

Labels: , , ,

28 Comments:

Blogger Rain Maiden said...

I have not heard of this author before. Texas Gothic has my attention.

Friday, June 17, 2011 at 11:15:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds intriguing! Texas is not where I would have envisioned this subject of magic and darkness, so I'm interested to read!

Friday, June 17, 2011 at 11:32:00 AM EDT  
Blogger donnas said...

Sounds pretty good. Looking forward to reading it.

Friday, June 17, 2011 at 11:47:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Meradeth Houston said...

Sounds like a great read. Please drop my name in the hat!

Friday, June 17, 2011 at 11:57:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Beth said...

It looks really interesting. I love the paranormal vision of Texas with ghosts, witches and magic. Oh My!

Friday, June 17, 2011 at 11:58:00 AM EDT  
Blogger CrystalGB said...

Sounds interesting. Count me in please.

Friday, June 17, 2011 at 12:03:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Midnight Bloom said...

Ohh! I love this week's giveaway! My sister and I have read all of Rosemary-Clement Moore's novels so far so we've both looking forward to seeing how Texas Gothic compares! It sounds really good. :)

Friday, June 17, 2011 at 12:16:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Teril said...

Wow, this is the first that I had heard of this release and its combination sounds intriguing!

Friday, June 17, 2011 at 12:27:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous KayaH said...

This book has had great reviews and it looks fantastic. Thank you for this Friday giveaway.

Friday, June 17, 2011 at 12:28:00 PM EDT  
Blogger cindystubbs said...

My interest is piqued. Hoping to find a new author to follow

Friday, June 17, 2011 at 12:29:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Na said...

My interest is piqued. The cover drew me in as well. I'd be happy to give this "southern gothic" book a try.

Friday, June 17, 2011 at 12:29:00 PM EDT  
Blogger E. McGuire said...

Don't think I've read a southern gothic book before. But definitely wanting to give it a try now that I've heard about it. Love trying new genres and authors.

Friday, June 17, 2011 at 12:50:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Jenny said...

I have not seen anything on this before. It does sound like a great read!

Friday, June 17, 2011 at 1:52:00 PM EDT  
Blogger G. A. Edwards-Writer and Speaker said...

This looks like something I would read and recommend to students. Thanks for spotlighting a great author. And although you cannot see my word for the word verification, it is coincidentally something would make a great Southern sayin'. Just sayin, yall!

Friday, June 17, 2011 at 3:47:00 PM EDT  
Blogger NoraA said...

The combination of the Republic of Texas and Gothic is intriguing. I'd love to win and ARC of this story, and I promise to give it a fair reading and review.

Friday, June 17, 2011 at 6:11:00 PM EDT  
Blogger ahmad danial said...

Hi Jia Gayles,
I just found your blog and suddenly really did not feel alone….
Full of good medical information and resources.

Cheers,
ADHD Types

Friday, June 17, 2011 at 6:33:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Rhonda said...

Totally looking forward to reading this book!!!

Friday, June 17, 2011 at 7:21:00 PM EDT  
Blogger A. Lockwood said...

RCM is awesome! I'm really looking forward to Texas Gothic.

Friday, June 17, 2011 at 8:03:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Deborah Blake said...

You had me at "witches" :-)

The book looks fab!

Friday, June 17, 2011 at 8:04:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Alice Marvels said...

OMG I love Rosemary so much! She came to the Romance Times Convention in LA and was hilarious! I had never read anything by her before that, but I picked up Splendor Falls solely on meeting her and hearing her read an excerpt from Texas Gothic. The MC was chasing cows out of her yard in her underwear. Everyone was dying of laughter, both on the panel and in the audience. I would LOVE to read the rest of it.

Friday, June 17, 2011 at 10:25:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Kari said...

I have been DYING to read this book ever since I heard an excerpt of it at the Romantic Times Booklovers Convention in April. I would love to win an copy, so count me in!

Friday, June 17, 2011 at 10:34:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope to win
elizabethcerna2011@gmail.com

Friday, June 17, 2011 at 11:49:00 PM EDT  
Blogger mromero said...

I love YA and this looks like a great new read, count me in.

Saturday, June 18, 2011 at 1:26:00 PM EDT  
Blogger felinewyvern said...

Very intriguing storyline.

Saturday, June 18, 2011 at 2:19:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Sara M said...

The cover is gorgeous. This novel is definitely on my radar.

Saturday, June 18, 2011 at 9:54:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Ashley said...

I didn't know there were going to be ARCs! Cool.

Sunday, June 19, 2011 at 1:12:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Aydrea said...

I loved The Splendor Falls & I am so excited for Texas Gothic!

Sunday, June 19, 2011 at 12:37:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Laura said...

Oooh, Texas Gothic is on my Can't-Wait-to-Read list, an ARC would be lovely!

Sunday, June 19, 2011 at 12:44:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home