Friday, October 07, 2005

Touring the new TKA abode...

As promised, here are some lovely pictures of our new office space (and the TKA employees hard at work!). I'll try to narrate the pics so you don't miss any of the good stuff. But who am I kidding? It's ALL good stuff.

Okay to left is the front door, and this is our lovely sitting area/front room.


Here is another view of the sitting room. Just take the first pic and shift your eyes to the right, and there is the second shot!

Now directly opposite of the fireplace is Pamela's office. However, we are just now getting a desk for Samantha, so for the time being she is camping out in Pamela's new digs. Isn't Samantha such a doll!


Returning to the waiting room and continuing our way through the office, you come to my little corner of the world (and soon to be shared with Samantha and her new awesome desk).

Now here's my view!

Is this not the coolest bookshelf ever? A wonderful place to display our many stars!

Now to the right of the cool bookshelf is the door to Deidre's office. And here is Pamela working in Deidre's office until Samantha's desk is fully assembled. It came in multiple boxes--quite a mess. As you can see, each day is exciting and different here at TKA.

Here's Elaine, our Manuscript Coordinator, working on our agency library which is also located in these beautiful glass bookcases in Deidre's office.

Moving back through the house, we finally come to Elaine's area. I think she is the only one to really have her whole operation completely set up and functional so far. Deidre might be a close second though. In this pic, however, you don't get a glimpse of Elaine's highly organized and efficient workings, BUT you do get quite a pretty look from her desk at the gorgeous window and the most comfy chairs you could ever sit in. Oh, and the "sin cabinet." We're still debating what delectable items should be stored in there!

Thank you ladies and gentlemen for attending the tour! I hope you enjoyed the pictures as much as we are continually reveling in our new space, and please watch your step as you exit the blog.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! The new office space looks amazing :)

Friday, October 7, 2005 at 11:00:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I can only imagine working in such a lovely environment.

Enjoy. Sure beats a cubby hole.

Friday, October 7, 2005 at 11:00:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Lauren Baratz-Logsted said...

Gorgeous! And my agent - Pamela - is too!

Friday, October 7, 2005 at 12:28:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Ellen said...

Wow... bee-yoo-tiful office!

Friday, October 7, 2005 at 1:04:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sigh* What an amazing place to call "home!"

Um, that is to say, I mean, uh, "office!"

But then when someone works as hard as you do, Deidre, maybe it's both!? :-)

Many congrats again on the new digs. They're GORGEOUS. Can't wait to visit and see for myself!

Friday, October 7, 2005 at 2:17:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW. Thats incredible! :) It really is a place that oozes "creative energy". The lighting, the furniture, even the color of the wood. PERFECT! :)

Friday, October 7, 2005 at 8:56:00 PM EDT  
Blogger ZaZa said...

Talk about deja vu all over again. :G: I used to dream of buying my friend's Craftsman and turning it into an office. Unfortunately, I didn't have the requisite 600k for the purchase price. Sigh.

Your place is gorgeous. You were so lucky to find such beautiful surroundings.

Saturday, October 8, 2005 at 1:41:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Marley Gibson said...

Love, love, love the new space!! Congrats, you guys!

Marley = )

Sunday, October 9, 2005 at 11:09:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jaci Burton said...

Wow, it's simply gorgeous. And it's really nice to see the 'faces' too! *waves to everyone* :-)

Monday, October 10, 2005 at 9:30:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Diana Peterfreund said...

So, how cute do you have to be to work at TKA?

Monday, October 10, 2005 at 2:33:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty darn cute.

:)

Monday, October 10, 2005 at 2:42:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Janice Lynn said...

Oh WOW! Deidre! It's awesome & makes me want to curl up and read a book!!!

Thanks for sharing the pics so we could put faces with names and for giving us the tour! Love it!!!

Monday, October 10, 2005 at 10:22:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Makes me want to re-rearrange my living room, which is my workspace.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 at 9:47:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Makes me want to re-rearrange my living room, which is my workspace.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 at 9:48:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Makes me want to re-rearrange my living room, which is my workspace.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 at 9:48:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a welcoming, warm suite of offices. Anyone could be happy working in such a lovely space.

Enjoy it!
Mir

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 at 3:07:00 AM EDT  
Blogger John Hedtke said...

Scrumptious! I'm envious. :) In my old house in Seattle, I had a very large (though not particularly attractive) office. It did have room for absolutely everything, including lots of bookshelves for reference materials, software, and office supplies, all of which are satisfying to have right on hand. But the best part was that it had a large stone fireplace, so in colder weather (this was Seattle, after all), I could lay a fire and bang away on the computer with a fruitwood fire warming the room behind me. sigh Well, I'll have something much prettier--though sans fireplace--in the house we're building now.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 at 3:43:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet indeed, Deidre! I'm so thrilled for y'all about this move. :-)

Friday, October 14, 2005 at 8:14:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stunnink!

Monday, October 17, 2005 at 12:27:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home