Saturday, April 04, 2009

New Release Spotlight! EDGE OF HUNGER by Guest Blogger Rhyannon Byrd

Anticipation…

Sweet, nerve-wracking anticipation. Stress…excitement…and spine-tingling expectation as I’m sitting on the edge of my seat, unable to turn off the computer. When was the last time I slept through the night? The dark smudges under my eyes say more than a few. Do I constantly scour the internet, searching for new reviews? Far more than I should. Am I driving my family insane? Without a doubt. And why all the madness, you might ask? This is the week that EDGE OF HUNGER, book one in my new PRIMAL INSTINCT series, releases from HQN Books, and I’m as caught up as ever in the thrill of the moment.

I’m always bursting with excitement when I have a new book coming out. It’s a natural reaction after putting so much time and energy into something that’s such a personal creation. But waiting for the release of EDGE OF HUNGER has eclipsed all the other “waits” that I’ve experienced. Maybe it’s because the book’s dark, ruggedly sexy hero, Ian Buchanan, is one of my all-time favorites. Or maybe it’s simply because I wrote the series during one of the craziest years of my life. I wrote on packing boxes and planes as my husband and I moved our family moved from Arizona to England. I wrote in hotel rooms…in hospital rooms, and even on the floor as we waited for furniture to arrive. Although it was often frenzied and chaotic, it was a fascinating time of change, and I think I poured a lot of that emotion into the pages of this series. It encompasses more blood and sweat and tears than anything I’ve ever written, and I can honestly say that it holds a truly special place in my heart because of that.

Now that EDGE OF HUNGER's official release is finally here, I’m beyond thrilled to be sharing these dark, provocative, deeply romantic stories with you. And I’m delighted to be able to say that the first trilogy in the series is releasing back to back! Saige Buchanan’s story, EDGE OF DANGER, will be available May 1st, followed by EDGE OF DESIRE on June 1st, which is Riley Buchanan’s story. As the primal blood of an ancient race begins to awaken within the Buchanans, their carnal, demanding hungers will push them to the edges of their control, taking them on a dark, seductive journey into a world filled with unspeakable evil…and dangerous, insatiable desires. I had the time of my life writing these books, and truly hope that readers will fall in love with the Primal Instinct heroes as deeply as I have. I was also given the wonderful opportunity to write a prequel to the series, a novella titled EDGE OF CRAVING, which is now available in e-book at
www.eHarlequin.com, and am already hard at work on the second trilogy in the PRIMAL INSTINCT series, which will release in the spring of 2010.

To read more about the PRIMAL INSTINCT series, please stop by my website at
www.rhyannonbyrd.com. You’ll find excerpts and contest info, and can even take a look at the book trailer for EDGE OF HUNGER while you’re there! :)

All the best,
Rhy

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sookie said...

Good luck with your books, Rhyannon. They sound wonderful.

What an exciting spring and summer you're going to have. Enjoy!


Confucius say; woman who put dish soap on top shelf, jump for joy.

Saturday, April 4, 2009 at 4:36:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These books look awesome!

Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 10:55:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home