Sunday, May 22, 2005

Awaken Me Darkly by Gena Showalter

See her aim. See aliens die.

I’m so excited to announce the release of my first Alien Huntress book, AWAKEN ME DARKLY. In this dark, seductive page-turner you’ll meet Mia Snow, a new breed of woman, kicking ass and taking names later. She’s a balance of beauty, intelligence and strength, with the cutting edge of any male action hero, and she offers readers a wild ride of intrigue and danger, wickedly hot sex, and a near future world where alien cultures come to life here on earth.

Every night Mia stalks the streets of New Chicago, hunting other-worlders. This time she’s battling the leader of the Arcadians, a man who can move faster than the blink of an eye, heal with a touch, and set her blood on fire with a glance.

What will you find in this book? A) aliens who can teleport. B) aliens who can control humans with their minds. C) people with psychic abilities D) all of the above

REVIEWS:
“A brilliantly written, fast-paced novel, AWAKEN ME DARKLY sizzles with intrigue and interest. Similar to Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series, this book takes various steps to transcend the genres of the supernatural, mystery and science fiction.” Fresh Fiction

“Fans of TV's Alias will find this book especially appealing, but so will readers looking for a strong heroine and a zesty romance.” RT Magazine

“Buffy the Vampire Slayer meets Alien Nation in this action-packed adventure” Booklist

ORDER:
To pick up your copy, visit Amazon or Barnes and Noble

9 Comments:

Blogger TJ Brown said...

Okay. I have read enough. I am going to have to order the sucker! Just what I needed, antoher good book to keep me from writing!
Teri

Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 5:09:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Ellen said...

Looks like a terrific read! And I'm with Teri... another great book is so NOT what I need to pick up right now! *grinning ruefully* But alas, I've never had any sense of self-control...

Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 5:16:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kristen Painter said...

Mine should be here Monday. I pre-ordered this on Amazon oh, about a million months ago. Can't wait!

Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 5:23:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to reading it :)

Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 5:59:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gena, it's going on my wishlist at Amazon (I list books until I get to the free postage level, then it's Christmas in my house!)
You are a star, you know you are, and you're only getting what's due to you.

Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 7:15:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jaci Burton said...

Congrats, Gena! This is going on my tbb list at amazon. Can't wait to go shopping! :)

Jaci

Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 7:42:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Mari Mancusi said...

I have been waiting for this book to come out for FOREVER! So excited the day is almost here!

Yay Gena!
Marianne

Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 8:07:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Shannon McKelden said...

Yeah, Gina! I went to Borders today and discover AMD was "in transit." So their gonna call as soon as it arrives!!
Shannon

Monday, May 23, 2005 at 12:27:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm hooked!
Another great Showalter book to add to my shelf!

Monday, May 23, 2005 at 5:03:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home