Thursday, September 08, 2005

Toppin' the Charts

Karen Marie Moning has done it again! Her latest release THE SPELL OF THE HIGHLANDER (released last Tuesday) is riding high as #12 on the NY Times Hard Cover list #42 on USA Today’s Top 150 List, and *drum roll* #2 at Walden Books. And it’s climbin’—the numbers I received from Deidre was #44 & #3… now she’s at #2 & #42

*a moment for a personal story*

I must say that this doesn’t surprise me at all. Sunday, I was at Town Center Mall in one of the many bookstores browsing around when a woman picked up THE SPELL OF THE HIGHLANDER and lifted it high above her head releasing a “Yessssss! And under $20 too!” (the store was having a labor day sale). The lady and the cashier then proceeded to have a long conversation to which the cashier went and got a copy for herself. I grinned and went on my merry way, knowing I had a great story to tell Tuesday at work. *grin*

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if her name alone doesn't sell the book, her cover will!

YUMMY.

Congrats to Karen and TKA!

Thursday, September 8, 2005 at 11:04:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yaaaayaaaa, Karen! That's such fantastic news. (Not that any of us expected otherwise...!)

HUGE congrats to KMM and TKA! :-)

Thursday, September 8, 2005 at 12:17:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Sylvia Day said...

I am in LOVE with that cover! The hero's arm is totally sexy.

Thursday, September 8, 2005 at 7:03:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen Marie Moning is an auto-buy for me, and I admit to doing a happy butt wiggle when I bought this book yesterday.

Had a hard time driving home...I kept wanting to gawk at the cover. *g*

Thursday, September 8, 2005 at 9:56:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Diana Peterfreund said...

Collection. Agency. Blog.

::snerk::

Best laugh I've had all day

Friday, September 9, 2005 at 1:06:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Evangeline Holland said...

LOL @ the customer. There's just something about this particular book that makes me want to pick it up(the cover?? It's pretty darn hot)even though I've never read anything by Moning. But congrats to Ms. Moning and the Knight Agency!!

Friday, September 9, 2005 at 4:21:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Kristen Painter said...

I almost bought this book the other day but I had already racked up about $75 worth of books for the day so I thought I better wait until my next visit to the store.

Friday, September 9, 2005 at 9:15:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Amie Stuart said...

heheheheeeeeeee very cool Julie!!!!

Friday, September 9, 2005 at 4:09:00 PM EDT  
Blogger merlinsmuse said...

I'm with you Lynn, Karen is an automatic buy. Can't wait to get to the bookstore and pick up a copy of this latest one.

Please keep up the great work, Karen.

Cathy

Friday, September 9, 2005 at 5:50:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) That's so great Ms. Moning! Congratulations!!!

And I must say that cover sure is... wow. *fans herself* Yes, you get my drift.

I definitely want to get myself to a store and give this book a try.

Friday, September 9, 2005 at 8:25:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Eva Gale said...

KMM is an auto buy for me too, but even if she weren't--that cover would make me! Dang, that cover is hot!

Congratulations!

Friday, September 9, 2005 at 10:00:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hard cover books stretch my book budget so the only ones I buy are by Karen and Suzanne Brockmann. I am sooooooooo looking forward to reading Karen's new release.

N.

Saturday, September 10, 2005 at 9:14:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home