Friday, February 17, 2006

Another Chat!

So it's been awhile since I've posted, my apologies! I have got the best news though. Guess who the next TKA Chat Star will be? The Knight Agency's very own Elaine Spencer.

Elaine Spencer
Submissions Coordinator
Tuesday Feb 21, 2006
9-10 PM EST

Hello My Name is Elaine Spencer.

Alright, enough with the formality. For many of you I am probably the most mysterious of TKA’s employees, but I promise I’m not really mystifying at all. As I sit here thinking about how to talk about myself I realize that is as good of a spot as any to start. Unlike most of you brilliant minds who are sitting there reading about me, I am not a writer. In fact, the process of writing a novel, actually and stringing words and sentences into dazzling works of entertainment fascinates me. And so, this leads me straight into how I found myself here at The Knight Agency. Born and raised in Ohio, I moved to Georgia to attend The University of Georgia. Three classes away from graduating with a degree in Economics I panicked and realized that I was heading straight into a life I was dreading. I remember one specific conversation where someone was smart enough to tell me to “Do what you love; find a way to make it a living.” Making a 180, much to the dismay of my parents, I changed my major to Comparative Literature and followed this sage advice. I found a way to make reading my life. And, that leads me to today. Everyday I come to work to face the never-ending pile of queries and submissions of authors hoping to get their foot in the door. As a bartender through college I learned long ago that everyone thinks they have as a story to tell, a book only they can write. Now, as Submissions Coordinator, I have the chance each day to see exactly just how interesting some of these stories are…or want to be.

When I'm not reading I'm just your typical twenty-something chick lit character! I am still young enough to embrace being single, and enjoy the traumas and delights of dating. My only child is a shelter-rescue kitty named Lola. I love to shop more than anything else, and if ever asked can without hesitation justify ANY purchase as absolutely necessary. I love college football and am anxiously awaiting the return of Autumn Saturdays, GO DAWGS. And of course, I am always a sucker for a good book.

Pics coming soon... Don't miss out. It's time to get your questions answered!

11 Comments:

Blogger Jana Armstrong said...

*sigh* Reading for a living. What a great job!!

Friday, February 17, 2006 at 7:33:00 PM EST  
Blogger Kristen Painter said...

Anybody with a shelter-kitty is all right in my book. (I have four rescued furbabies.)

Friday, February 17, 2006 at 9:48:00 PM EST  
Blogger Janice Lynn said...

Wow! It's great to learn more about you Elaine! Looking forward to the chat!!

Friday, February 17, 2006 at 11:39:00 PM EST  
Blogger Maura Anderson said...

Wow - now I know who might someday read my query :)

Shelter-kitties rock. I have *cough* seven rescued cats + a feral cat colony I caretake.

Great intro!

Saturday, February 18, 2006 at 1:43:00 AM EST  
Blogger Isabelle Santiago said...

Sounds like someone I'd have a drink with!

It's gonna be nice getting to know the mysterious Elaine. ;)

Saturday, February 18, 2006 at 7:30:00 PM EST  
Blogger Cole Reising said...

To have successfully taken a major turn in one's carreer focus... awesome!

Its going to be really neat to 'meet' someone who does your job. I have often wondered if its a fun one or not. :-) I would think that generally speaking it would be, but then I like to read. :-)

Cole

Saturday, February 18, 2006 at 10:57:00 PM EST  
Blogger Marley Gibson said...

Uh oh...a Bulldog? You're looking at a Crimson Tider, Elaine. Course...nothing beats the SEC though...eh? LOL!

Marley = )

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 1:14:00 AM EST  
Blogger Kay Richardson said...

Question: when will i be famous? when will i get my picture in the paper? i've written a dead good thriller.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 10:27:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I say, "GO VOLS!" Will you reject me? [nervous grin]

Amimal rescue is a great thing! I have a rescue dachshund, and a close friend is a major beagle rescue person. Let's save the furry critters!!

Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 6:57:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just found this blog- how do we access the chats? Do we have to sign up or go to a particular website (rather than this blog)? I hope someone reads this in time- the chat sounds fascinating!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 at 9:07:00 AM EST  
Blogger Diana Peterfreund said...

anonymous, visit http://knightagency.net around chat time. There's a link there that opens the chat page.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 at 10:36:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home