Saturday, February 04, 2006

More Wyoming Pictures!


The great thing about Wyoming in the winter is how fresh and clean the air feels. You're at a very high altitude and have to watch that you drink LOTS of water--plus, it's very dry. But when you look at some of these pictures, I think you'll see how wonderfully invigorating (not to mention beautiful) the land out there is. For those who don't know, my PARALLEL series is set in and around Yellowstone and Jackson Hole area, so this is sort of a taste of the world of PARALLEL ATTRACTION.

The first image above is the view of our hotel parking lot. Normally a parking lot wouldn't be too exciting, but you get a feeling for just how much SNOW we had there--and for southerners this alone was a very big deal. Here's another view from our hotel, The Snake River Lodge.



The view from our sleigh ride one night:



The buffalo roaming!







And, one more shot of Mount Moran at sunset:

9 Comments:

Blogger Patrick McNamara said...

It almost seems strange to see snow. In Southern Ontario we've been having unusually warm temperatures and a lack of snow. Right now it's raining.

Saturday, February 4, 2006 at 4:13:00 PM EST  
Blogger Marley Gibson said...

Same here in Boston, very mild winter. Not that I'm complaining, mind you!

The pictures are breathtaking. Especially the mountain and the buffalo. Gorgeous!

Hope you had a great time!
Marley = )

Sunday, February 5, 2006 at 12:31:00 PM EST  
Blogger Deidre Knight said...

Thanks, Marley and Patrick! I'm going to post some more pics later tonight. The interesting thing is this is their biggest snow season in twenty years! It was a LOT more snowy than last year.

Sunday, February 5, 2006 at 1:51:00 PM EST  
Blogger Maura Anderson said...

Oh wow - I wish I had been there to see the bison! I love the wildlife.

No snow here in Puget Sound, just wind, wind and more wind yesterday.

Gorgeous pictures!

Sunday, February 5, 2006 at 4:31:00 PM EST  
Blogger Janice Lynn said...

WOW! These pics are fabulous. Makes me want to pack up and go have a first hand look...only I HATE being cold so I'm not sure how that'll work---unless I bring a hunk to keep me warm. ;)

Fabulous pictures & although in a different post, I adore the Ninja one. Too cute!!!

Sunday, February 5, 2006 at 6:21:00 PM EST  
Blogger Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL...absolutely breathtaking, especially the last pix! Thanks for sharing.

Sunday, February 5, 2006 at 6:58:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jaci Burton said...

The pictures are breathtaking, D! Wow.

And since here in Oklahoma we're having warm temps, grass fires and crunchy grass, I'm soooo jealous!

I want my snow! *pout*

Glad you had an awesome time. You so deserved the break!

Hugs!

Monday, February 6, 2006 at 9:12:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Oh, WOW. Gorgeous!!!!

Next time you have to take me with you. ;-)

Monday, February 6, 2006 at 10:51:00 AM EST  
Blogger Cole Reising said...

Deidre -

I lived out there at one time and fell in love with the area. You have taken some incredible pictures that really capture the beauty and magnificence of that area! They brought me right back to that magical time.

What a wonderful back drop for your book!

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Cole

Tuesday, February 7, 2006 at 12:28:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home