Sunday, January 22, 2006

Sundance Update. No Robin, but...

Wow! What a day yesterday. Okay, don't shoot me. I forgot the cord for downloading my pics from my camera in the condo. Sniff sniff.. so no pics yet. I'll try to get them up later today though.

Park City:
Still gorgeous here. It snowed a great deal of the day yesterday and was SO cold. I love this place. I need to come back here often!

The Movies:
Wait listed for 6 hours yesterday for THE NIGHT LISTENER because as we discussed, I REALLY like Robin Williams, especially in dark comedies. Again, NO ONE got in. This is quite a new phenomenon at Sundance, and people are rather upset. We stayed in line and met some incredible buddies. And, we DID get into the world premire of THANK YOU FOR SMOKING. Personal opinion, it was good, but not phenomenal. Definitely worth seeing though. After the movie at the Q&A, someone yelled "Where's Katie Holmes?!" (cause she was in that movie). Teehehe.. the director paused, smiled, and replied "Madly in love." Ha! ha! Can't give a better response than that!

Don't know if I will get to see any movies today because of the insane waitlists. I have a lot of TKA work to do. I"m meeting with a few film agents and producers today. I'm excited and can't wait to get out there and promo some more TKA clients! Oh yeah!

Star Watch:

OH MY GOSH! I MET STING AND HE PUT HIS ARMS AROUND ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, there is just no way to express the giddiness I feel thinking about it. Yep, last night he walked out of a party and said "oh it's cold." My sister and I agreed and he put his arms around us and started to rub our shoulders to warm us up. "Where we going Terrence?" he added. Terrence (already about 5 feet down the road) turned around and grabbed him by the sleeve and drug him off. It was AMAZING.

Other celebrities I met last night (and pleas forgive me for not knowing their names!): The guy who played Hercules, creepy thin man from Charlies Angels, lead singer of Counting Crows, Nicolas Cage's little brother character in Gone in 60 Seconds.... Scott Cain?, Oh and I bumped into Josh Harnett. Can't remember anyone else, but I'll ask my sister for a full log. Nothing compared to Sting though. My question was "Where's Stuart Copeland?!" I love the Police.

Okay, I'm off to meet and greet. Met some really awesome producers (like the one who produced the movie Sting executive produced and his wife directed). Wish me luck today! I hope all is going well in your respective worlds!

Send me toasty thoughts! It's freezing, but I'm loving it!!!!

And I'm off!!!
Julie :)

11 Comments:

Blogger Jana Armstrong said...

So in addition to Sting and Josh Hartnett, you met Kevin Sorbo (Hercules tv series and Andromeda), Crispin ("McFly!") Clover (Thin Man from Charlie's Angels), Giovanni Ribsi (Gone in 60 Seconds) and Adam Duritz (Counting Crows)?? I think I would have went into fangirl shock!

Sounds like you're having an amazing time, Julie! Thanks for the updates!!!

Sunday, January 22, 2006 at 2:12:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie, it sounds like you're having a blast. Thanks for the report.

Cindy

Sunday, January 22, 2006 at 3:22:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Julie,

If there are still any movies you're dying to see and can't get in, you can try the Ogden or Salt Lake venues. They have much fewer people attend, but it's still a lot of fun and the actors and film makers show up there as well (though you probably won't know till two hours before the showing).

If any of you who are reading this want to go to Sundance and know (or know of) a local (like moi), let them know you're coming b/c locals can get early bird tickets pretty easily. (Don't you all wish you knew me for the 2002 Winter Olympics?)

BTW, I've lived here for almost 11 years and I've NEVER seen Robert Redford! You're so lucky. I'm on the look-out for Sam Elliot, myself. Yum.

I can tell your sister and you are having a blast and I'm so glad. Thanks for the updates and happy travels.

Wendy Toliver

Sunday, January 22, 2006 at 7:27:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jaci Burton said...

Omg! Sting hugged you. If only someone got a pic of that! And to see that many stars is so cool. Hey, it's worth being cold, isn't it? Sounds like you're having a blast, Julie! Can't wait to see more pics and get more updates. Thanks for taking the time to pop in and give us a report!

Sunday, January 22, 2006 at 7:28:00 PM EST  
Blogger Diana Peterfreund said...

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
OMGOMOGMOMGOMGOMGO
MGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMGOMGOGMGMOMG

STING HUGGED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
STING HUGGGGGGGGGGEEEEDDD YOUUUUUU
?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Oh wow oh wow oh wow oh wow oh wow oh wow oh wow oh wow oh wow oh wow oh wow oh wow oh wow oh wow oh wow oh wow oh wow oh wow oh wow oh wow oh wow!!!!!!!

Oh wow.
Oh wow.
Oh wow.
Okay, I think I'm okay now.
Oh, wow.
I love Sting. I really do. I'm crazy nuts for him.

Can I buy your coat?

Julie!

(And remind me to tell you my Adam Duritz story).

Oh wow.

Sunday, January 22, 2006 at 9:42:00 PM EST  
Blogger Julie Ramsey said...

Diana, you have captured how I STILL feel about the whole Sting incident! *sigh*... *pine*
Julie :)

Monday, January 23, 2006 at 9:55:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright Julie . . . Samantha and I are pining away at the office wondering how our coworker is so lucky. And to think we have to find this all out through the blog! We can't wait til your return for all your amazing stories!

Ps were you wearing any of my accessories when Sting hugged you? Cause then maybe the next time i put them on there will be some connection.

Monday, January 23, 2006 at 10:14:00 AM EST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you're having way too much fun! Warm thoughts coming to you from the south! :)

Monday, January 23, 2006 at 12:02:00 PM EST  
Blogger Marley Gibson said...

OMG Julie! That is...amazing! You touched a living legend! You touched...Gordon Sumner! Whooohooo! Sounds like you're having a blast out there. Thanks for sharing.

Marley = )

Monday, January 23, 2006 at 6:41:00 PM EST  
Blogger Janice Lynn said...

You met Sting????? & Kevin Sorbo??? & Josh Hartnett???? Whew!! I'm fanning myself, girl!!!!

Glad you're having fun!!!

Monday, January 23, 2006 at 8:37:00 PM EST  
Blogger Edie Ramer said...

OMG. Sting. Hugged. You.

My heart is fluttering just reading about it. Sounds like your having a blast, Julie! What a great experience.

Thursday, January 26, 2006 at 10:06:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home