Saturday, January 21, 2006

First day or so at Sundance

Let me describe these pictures before getting into my spheel. This first one is me exhausted on the plane after our lay over in Denver.


View of the Rockies from the plane!


Me and my sister on the shuttle from Salt Lake City to Parky City. After NO sleep, mind you. :)


This is the wait list for Lucky Number Slevin. Oh it was a long but so worth it wait.

This is the Eccles Theater. Btw, it's the high school's auditorium, and it seats over a thousand. I you squint, Josh Harnett & Lucy Liu are sitting down left. It was AMAZING!

Okay, so this a REALLY blurry picture, but in the middle there is Lucy Liu and Josh Harnett and on you left is the script writer and to the right (speaking) the director. All up on stage for a little after movie Q&A.

Good morning! Finally I am able to get to a wifi coffee shop. Here’s the best part, the name of the place: Badass Coffee. Okay, that is just fun right then and there. Where to begin? I finally got some sleep last night after going 28 hours with only a 45 minute nap on the plane. (hence the no blogging until now) I have met some fantastic people and have done a lot of pimping of TKA clients books. I have found that the wait list line is a great place for such promotions because most everyone is reading a book to pass the time. One look at what the person is reading, scan the mental catalogue, and suggest a similar (but better of course ) TKA client.

Park City:
It is FREEZING here!!! It’s also BEAUTIFUL! Wow. The scenery is breathtaking. The city is pretty hopping since this is the beginning of the festival. I SO want to go skiing, but the question will be… when??? Presently, it is 16 degrees here, and the sun is shining and snow is falling.

Star Watch:
So far we have seen Robert Redford (okay, how friggin lucky is that!!!) walking down the sidewalk (swarmed by press), Josh Harnett, and Lucy Liu. The last two were in a movie called Lucky Number Slevin. We barely got into that one after waiting 6 hours. They took the first 50 people in line. My number was 45. Whew! What a great movie! The director, script writer, Josh, and Lucy did a Q & A afterwards. Let me tell you, Lucy was very shy and hid behind the others and didn’t say much and Josh was a quite a wit.

The Movies:
So far we wait listed Little Miss Sunshine, and NO ONE got in. What a bummer! But, lots of people left so we moved up in line for the wait list for Lucky Number Slevin. Okay, I totally recommend Lucky Number Slevin. It was quite an awesome movie. I didn’t guess the ending. Quite a good movie. I hope it comes to theatres, but I’m not sure it will because of it’s genius genre bending. It has quite a few stars in it though: Josh Hartnett, Lucy Liu, Sir Ben Kingsley, Bruce Willis, and Morgan Freeman.

Today:
Well, after a little sleep, I’m off to check the box office to see if I can’t score a ticket to The Aura. Since it’s in Spanish, I’m hoping my chances are pretty good. Then off to wait list for The Night Listener. Ooooh to see Robin Williams. Oh that would make me SO happy! Oh and a little personal moment, Carly Simon is suppose to be here. That would rock my world to meet her!

I will post more pictures later. Gotta go catch more movies, promo more TKA clients, and meet some film agents! Oh and see some stars!

PS: Oh just totally saw the parents of the director of The Night Listener. They were so proud. It was very sweet!

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you're having a blast! Already I've written down your suggestions for must-see movies when they come this way!

Saturday, January 21, 2006 at 1:41:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jaci Burton said...

I love the pics! I'm star struck right along with you Julie! It sounds FABULOUS!

And you can sleep on the plane back! Or, um, at work...hehehe. Get movin, girl! *g*

Saturday, January 21, 2006 at 1:54:00 PM EST  
Blogger Gena Showalter said...

You are too adorable! I want to put you in my pocket and take you everywhere with me!!

Saturday, January 21, 2006 at 5:25:00 PM EST  
Blogger Diana Peterfreund said...

Wow, thanks for the recap! sooooooooo jealous! Have a great, great time!

(I'm with gena. You're so adorable!)

Saturday, January 21, 2006 at 10:48:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pics!!!

Thanks.

N.

Saturday, January 21, 2006 at 10:50:00 PM EST  
Blogger Janice Lynn said...

How fun!!!! Sounds like you're having a fabulous time! I'm jealous, too, and think you'd make a great traveling companion. Think they offer family discounts? ;)

Sunday, January 22, 2006 at 11:10:00 AM EST  
Blogger Julie Ramsey said...

Wow! Thanks guys! This is the best trip! I'm having a blast. I'll have more to say when I have more time to type it all up. Thanks for all your support.

Sunday, January 22, 2006 at 1:29:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you! Sounds like fun at Sundance. Any chance you can tell us what the "witty Hartnett" had to say?!
Kate.

Monday, January 23, 2006 at 1:18:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home