Monday, August 21, 2006

What better way to meet an agent?

So, you're looking for a literary agent. You e-mail queries. You send those snail-mail packets. You pitch at conferences. And you ask your writer friends for introductions to their agents.

But wait...I've got a better way!

Why not sign up for Team Parallel Heat's Breast Cancer Walk team and you'll get to spend THREE days with three members of the fabulous Knight Agency! And while you're schmoozing and networking with (did I mention THREE members) the ladies of TKA, you're also participating in a fantastic, worthy cause: raising money for breast cancer research.

The event in Atlanta, is a three-day fest of fun, fellowship and a feeling of satisfaction, knowing that your efforts will go to help millions of women who have been stricken with this disease.

As a cancer survivor myself, I am pleased to be participating with Deidre and TKA on Team Parallel Heat and I hope you'll join us!

Thanks!
Marley = )

(In case you want to sponsor me, any donation would be appreciated!! In September, I'll have a giveaway for someone who sponsors me -- don't you love teasers?)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do I get if I sponsor you?

Monday, August 21, 2006 at 3:29:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Marley Gibson said...

Hi Moira!

Definitely ask your questions. The best person to talk to would be our team "captain," Julie Ramsey. E-mail me at marley AT webstuffdesign.com and I'll hook you up with Julie. We'd love to have you with us!

Marley = )

Monday, August 21, 2006 at 10:42:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Marley Gibson said...

Anonymous...what do you get? Well, you get the satisfactio that you're helping others. You get that great feeling that you're doing something good. And in September, I'll announce a special "prize" for people who sponsor me.

Thanks!
Marley = )

Monday, August 21, 2006 at 10:44:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Julie Ramsey said...

I would love to answer any question you got! There's an airline offering discount tickets for WALK and I'm sure we can find some nice and inexpensive digs for getting here, walking here, and just enjoying the experience!

Thanks Marley for the hook up! Marley, just knows everyone! ;-)

Monday, August 21, 2006 at 11:06:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Deidre Knight said...

Moira!! Woo hoo! We would love to have you walk with us! And the best part? We are all camping together each night, so that covers your accomodations. I am not MS. Outdoorsy, but the thought of camping out with romance and writer ladies just makes me giggle. Imagine our stories??? :)
Email Julie at Julie.Ramsey@knightagency.net for details! Deidre

Monday, August 21, 2006 at 11:41:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Liane Gentry Skye said...

I wonder if you can auction your kids off on ebay for the weekend? I'm fairly sure that whoever won them would send them back on Monday LOL. What an awesome event. My daughter could come...she'd love it...but my boys would never last...:( Still...there's always spousal bribery to consider....

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 at 6:17:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home