Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Funny But True...

I'm taking a moment this Wednesday morning to praise BACKSPACE. If you are not familiar with this site, you need to be! It's really a SUPER resource for all writers in all areas and points in their careers--IMHO.

Today there is a special article that I am point you to. If you are published or soon to be published, this reaches out to you specifically! However, if not, put this info in your reserve for the future.

Booksignings are apart of life when you are an author. This article really made me grin with the fantasy, the reality, and how you can make the most of it. I know that for most authors, putting yourself out there and handselling books is terrifying, but this article gives a lot of solid advice and how to hints.

Enjoy learning about signings, what to expect and how to make 'em a success!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Keri Ford said...

I'm unpub' and gearing up for RWA nationals. While this article is for book signing, I found some fascinating advice in this for pitching myself at nationals.

the 'Pitch' section shows an excellent example of an 'elevator pitch'.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 at 11:50:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Adam Israel said...

The first link goes to backspace.com, which is a totally different site. It should point to bksp.org.

The article looks very useful, thanks!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 at 12:36:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Julie Ramsey said...

Thanks so much for catching that! I get all excited about things and have pages bookmarked so stuff like that sometimes sneaks up on me.

I'm SOOOO glad people are checking out this article. I thought it was really top notch. Keri, you are completely right to take the article's tips for pitching with you to nationals!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 at 1:01:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Lauren Baratz-Logsted said...

Backspace is by far the best place on the Internet for writers at all levels to support, commiserate, network and inform.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 10:46:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home