Friday, May 25, 2007




This week marked the end of an era.

Miss Snark announced that she and Killer Yap were officially hanging up the crap-o-meter and calling it a day. After three years of offering her uncensored advice and never-ending knowledge, she is stepping out of the game while still on top.

Miss Snark became a household name in the publishing industry, garnering respect from many agents and editors for her witty, honest, and intelligent answers to the issues that plague us daily. She spread a new light on the sometimes harsh realities of the publishing world. Behind a veil of anonymity her comments rang loud and clear to the thousands that truly needed a good zap from the clue gun.

The Blog will remain up and I hope that new writers will become faithful patrons of the archives. Miss Snark has saved me from uncountable headaches and several possible trips to the loony-bin.

In a tribute to Miss Snark we invite you to comment about the library of knowledge that she shared, or even a simple comment that stuck with you through your publishing journeys.

Dear Miss Snark,
Here's to a profitable and fun filled gin swigging summer. Hats off to you for an excellent blog career. We will miss your infinite snarkiness. Please give a big pat to Killer Yap from all of us!!

–Pamela Harty

Good-bye Miss Snark!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have so say the crap-o-meter was the most enlightening, although all of her advice is beyond valuable. It really gave me the right perspective on honing a query to perfection - not just "good enough".
What a priceless gift she's given all writers! I will be grateful to her forever.

Friday, May 25, 2007 at 11:48:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Write well."

Seems obvious, but I needed to be reminded. Again and again.

Friday, May 25, 2007 at 11:50:00 AM EDT  
Blogger facialanomaly said...

please come read my fictional blog journal,
and tell your friends

facialanomaly.blogspot.com

Friday, May 25, 2007 at 12:11:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I began reading Miss Snark's blog, I thought I knew a lot about the publishing industry.

I was wrong.

Because of the time she spent enlightening writers about the ins and outs of the writing biz, her unfailing honesty, and her humor (love her humor), I know so much more today than I did then.

So, thank you Miss Snark, for all your words of wisdom AND for your snarkiness. I have loved every minute of it!

Friday, May 25, 2007 at 1:51:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Gina Black said...

It was lovely to see publishing through an agent's POV. What a gift for a writer to have that window for the time she shared it with us. Because she was anonymous she didn't need to sugarcoat her commentary. She was honest and straight forward. I'm so grateful for the time and effort she put into the blog.

Friday, May 25, 2007 at 5:33:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her plain spoken common sense is so rare in this world...Miss Snark you will be greatly missed.

Friday, May 25, 2007 at 8:55:00 PM EDT  
Blogger byknight said...

Sad. Miss Snark's blog had become as much part of the start of a new day as a mug of coffee. No more stiletto heels and rapiers, no more pails of gin. Thankfully the archives are there to catch some of our nitwittery but alas, you agents will be inflicted with increasing amounts of unmetered crap

Sunday, May 27, 2007 at 4:59:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Sha'el, Princess of Pixies said...

Miss Snark is an exceptionally good friend. More than any literary, agenting, writing, or poodle advice, being a good friend matters.

Bill E. Goat and I shall miss her blog and our daily bit of online socialization. No one can replace Miss Snark's presence.

Hey, Snarkie! Meet me at Moe's for Clam Chowder and we'll drive the coast and hit all the used book stores!

Pixie

Sunday, May 27, 2007 at 8:34:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still shell shocked. Miss Snark gone like a will o' the wisp. Deeply grateful our paths crossed -her advice was acidic, funny and generous - but ... I didn't say goodbye.

Monday, May 28, 2007 at 7:30:00 PM EDT  
Blogger astrologymemphis.blogspot.com said...

Miss Snark did more single-handedly (okay, Killer Yapp helped a little) to educate writers about the publishing business than anyone else out there. She did it it with charm, grace, and wit. She saved me from making an utter fool of myself more than once (I only wish I'd met her before I made a fool of myself the first time!), and she will always have my undying devotion, even if she aims that nasty clue gun at me and crowns me Nitwit of the Day. She will be greatly missed, but it is some comfort to know I can still hop over there and visit anytime I want.

"Write well. Query widely."

Thank you, Miss Snark. Please visit us if you get a chance. You are missed, but best wishes for a long and successful career as "yourself."

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 3:43:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Mindy Tarquini said...

"Write well. Query widely."
"Write well. Query widely."
"Write well. Query widely."
"Write well. Query widely."
"Write well. Query widely."

Did I miss anything?

Lala Scrivano and I will miss her greatly.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 at 12:18:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home