Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Great Thoughts From Karen Kelley

My husband hates when I near the end of a book. I always want to remodel something—anything. Do y’all get like that? You just have to change a room around?

Problem is, my deadlines are shorter than they were a year ago so I feel like a directionally challenged bee on steroids in a field of flowers that are in full bloom. I think it’s driving my husband crazy. I’ll have to meditate on that.

I like to meditate. I’ve come to the conclusion meditation is another word for procrastination but it sounds better. “I’m meditating, don’t disturb me.”

People ask me where I get my ideas for my books. Double Dating With The Dead comes out the end of August. It’s about a psychic and a skeptic in a vacant hotel with two horny ghosts. Maybe I’ve been meditating too much, or inhaling too much incense. Note to self: Lay off the incense.

Ideas are everywhere. I just try to have fun with mine.

Have a good day!

Karen Kelley
Available Now!!! Close Encounters of the Sexy Kind/Brava
Romantic Times 4 1/2 Stars Top Pick!
09/07 Double Dating With The Dead/Brava

Romantic Times 4 1/2 Stars!
09/07 The Morgue The Merrier anth/Zebra
10/07 I'm Your Santa anth/Brava
www.myspace.com/authorkarenkelley

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Karen!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 at 3:53:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Karen Kelley said...

Bowing gracefully *snort* Thanks for stopping by, Mary Beth!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 at 6:04:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Di said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's made a fine art out of procrastination. :-D

I just love your titles, Karen. Who thinks of them? You or a brillant editor hidden behind you somewhere? ;-D

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 at 10:13:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Karen Kelley said...

LOL My brilliant editor, Kate Duffy. She is the queen of titles :)

Thursday, August 16, 2007 at 8:26:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home