Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Venus Envy!

If you missed Shannon McKelden's debut VENUS ENVY in trade paperback, now's your chance to pick it up again (or for the first time)!



"Debut author McKelden is undeniably talented, milking a fun plot for all it's worth." 3 stars - Romantic Times

"Quirky and clever take on the Cinderella story." - Fresh Fiction

"VENUS ENVY is a great twist on the fairy godmother storyline. It was laugh-out-loud funny, and reading about the budding friendship between Venus and Rachel is as enjoyable as the romantic storyline. A fantastic debut novel by Shannon McKelden, I look forward to more of her work." - Romance Junkies

"Witty, funny, and truly original, McKelden’s romance is a standout." - Booklist

VENUS ENVY was also chosen a BookSense Notable for January 2007!!!

Venus: "After a few centuries of turning pumpkins into coaches and frogs into princes, I thought I was getting the hang of being a fairy godmother. Maybe soon Zeus would let me back onto Mount Olympus...then I met Rachel Greer. A goody-two-shoes do-gooder who ignored my advice--terrific advice, if I do say so myself--about men. And kept nagging me for spending too much time in the bathroom when everyone knows a goddess always needs to look her best.

Rachel: "I had a decent job, friends, a loving family. My volunteer work, as a mentor for young women and a dog-walker at the local shelter, kept me hopping. Then this amazingly beautiful woman, who literally turns heads--men walk into walls when she passes by--announces she's my fairy godmother, here to help me fall in love!
Next thing I know, she's moved into my apartment and kicked me out of my own bedroom. Of course I thought she was nuts...until the magic started to happen."

1 Comments:

Blogger Babe King said...

Cool! I released a free read Cinderella story with Freya's Bower last Halloween. Always great to play with/mangle/reinvent a classic. You only have to see the Prince Charming of "Shrek" or the Riding Hood of "HoodWinked" to know that. What fun! :-)

Saturday, January 5, 2008 at 8:46:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home