Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Countdown to Turkey Day with The Knight Agency: Pamela Harty

UPDATE: The winner of 10+ books by Knight Agency authors is donnas. Congrats! Please email your physical addy to Contests(AT)KnightAgency.net.


It's the final day of our Thanksgiving countdown, and Knight Agency vice president of sales, Pamela Harty, has written our final send off for the holiday.

We hope you enjoyed hearing from our authors during the last several days, and we encourage you to come back after you've stuffed yourselves to the gills with sweet potato casserole, turkey, dressing, ham, rolls and macaroni and cheese to check out some fab contests and blogs we have planned for the end of the year. (Oh boy, I think I just gained 5 pounds from writing the previous sentence. LOL.)

Final Giveaway! Leave a comment to win 10+ books from Knight Agency clients for your holiday reading enjoyment. The winner will be announced on Monday, November 29th.
______________________________________

Gratitude is an Action Word

I am always a bit intimated to post on our TKA blog. Working every day with such amazing writers, I know just how much my own writing pales in comparison. That being said, it may sound funny that my blog post title is Gratitude is an action word knowing full well gratitude is a noun.

But for me, as this holiday season kicks off I plan to make a conscience effort to make my gratitude apparent to everyone by both my actions and my attitude.

On a professional level, I have so much to be grateful for beginning with my most basic ability to see and read the written word. So first off, I am thankful for my eyesight and my 2.0 reading glasses.

I am thankful for the Internet, high speed connections, my laptop and blackberry – all of which make my work accessible, portable, and allow me to do my job from any spot in the world any time of the day.

I am grateful for my Kindle and the inroads that have been made in the digital publishing world this year. I am thankful that with the click of a few buttons I have thousands of books available to me.

I am thankful for our submissions box and knowing that any day the most amazing manuscript might come in and possibly be our next best seller. I am thankful to Melissa who does an extraordinary job staying on top of the mounds of incoming material. Thank you, Melissa!

I am thankful for my other wonderful co-workers and the skills that they each bring to the table making The Knight Agency such a special place to work.

Thank you Elaine for running such a tight ship and your willingness to talk over lunch. And Jamie for all those questions you answer and checks you send out. Thank you, Jia for always having a smile and helping me with every random computer issue I have. Thank you Nephele for west coast updates and Lucienne for your diligence and hard work on all things Dorchester. You are all amazing ladies. Thank you for all you do!!!

I am so thankful for Deidre and Jud and all that they have done to grow TKA. Deidre is a giver of time and talent every day. I am grateful that I can make a living doing something so much fun with people I love.

And finally, I am thankful for my awe inspiring clients whose talents and imaginations are amazing. In an industry where rejection is as common as the winter cold, I say thank you to my strong, smart, funny, creative, quirky and lovable clients. You keep me on my toes. In this competitive marketplace you understand the power of both a good rewrite as well as a strong sense of humor. You people are such professionals. You know who you are. Thank you, thank you.

Yes, for me I hope to make gratitude an action word this season! Happy Thanksgiving to you all.



Labels: ,

26 Comments:

Blogger Linda Henderson said...

I'm very thankful for the health of my children and grandchildren. I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving and a safe journey if they are traveling.

seriousreader at live dot com

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 11:09:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Susie Sheehey said...

I'd love to help make Gratitude an action word... a definitive call to action.
Thanks again and everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 12:03:00 PM EST  
Blogger donnas said...

Happy Thanksgiving. What a great post. I think Gratitude should definitely become an action word. Lets all do what we can to try and make that happy this season!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 1:07:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder that gratitude takes action!
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating it this week.
May there be much in all our lives to be truly thankful for!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 2:05:00 PM EST  
Blogger CrystalGB said...

I am thankful for my loving husband and family and for my good health.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 2:25:00 PM EST  
Blogger LSUReader said...

Great list; thanks for sharing. I’m thankful for my family, friends and church community. And, since I live in south Texas, I’m thankful for air conditioning. It’s expected to be in the low 80s this afternoon! Happy Thanksgiving, all. (Email in profile.)

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 2:29:00 PM EST  
Blogger Kirsten said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 2:56:00 PM EST  
Blogger Rain Maiden said...

I am so thankful for my kidos and my hubby! Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 3:11:00 PM EST  
Blogger Sciencegirl007 said...

Awesome post! Gotta love the Knight Agency!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

inspired007 at yahoo dot com

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 3:42:00 PM EST  
Blogger Julie Butcher said...

Oh my. I'm grateful for so many things and so many people I can't name them all, but at TKA I'm grateful for Jia running the fun chats, Lucienne for sending the neat vampire stuff and the Gina bag which now goes to Catholic school each day, and Deidre who makes agents not so scary. Also I'm very, very grateful for cupcakes and pie. Happy Thanksgiving TKA!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 3:44:00 PM EST  
Blogger elaing8 said...

Even though we celebrated Thanksgiving in Oct. I am thankful that my family and freids are all healthy and happy.

I hope everyone celebrating Thursday has a Happy and safe Thanksgiving!!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 4:18:00 PM EST  
Blogger Van Pham said...

Lovely Post! I'm thankful for my family and friends.

Hope everyone has a wonderful thanksgiving, stay safe!


van

Littopandaxpress(at)yahoo(dot)com

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 4:49:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Chelsea B. said...

Thank you for sharing! I hope you, and everyone else reading, has a fantastic Thanksgiving.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 5:31:00 PM EST  
Blogger Meradeth Houston said...

Great post :) I love Thanksgiving, if only because it often allows people the time to remember all the good stuff in their lives.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 5:41:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for the everyday miracles that happen to carry us through the day, and sometimes into the next day!!!

Valerie
in Germany

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 5:43:00 PM EST  
Blogger Deidre Knight said...

Pamela, I love your post! Thanks for such a great call to action...word. :) Happy Thanksgiving to all! Deidre

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 6:28:00 PM EST  
Blogger Maureen said...

Thanks for the great post. I do try to remember to be grateful for the many blessings I have year round but this is a good time to remember. Happy Thanksgiving!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 6:33:00 PM EST  
Blogger traveler said...

What a lovely post. Gratitude is important and I am grateful for wonderful health, happiness and a great family.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 6:48:00 PM EST  
Blogger petite said...

Have a great Thanksgiving. I am thankful for having a loving family and appreciate my good health daily.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 6:50:00 PM EST  
Blogger Cybercliper said...

I'm just thankful for each day I have with my family. As long as I have them, I have everything. annhonATaolDOTcom

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 8:39:00 PM EST  
Blogger YzhaBella's BookShelf said...

I am most thankful for my family. in this day and age where families are too often broke and and battered, I count my blessings every day that we are one of the luck ones!

Thanks!
Kate
mleger0546ATrogersDOTcom

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 9:57:00 PM EST  
Blogger Pam P said...

Great post. I'm thankful for all the great books from TKA authors, helps me relax and enjoy when life gets a bit down. Happy Thanksgiving!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 at 2:12:00 AM EST  
Blogger Lauren Baratz-Logsted said...

When you say "quirky," it's really me you're talking about, isn't it?

Love you.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 at 2:22:00 PM EST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! I agree that Gratitude should be an action word. I'm grateful for so many things that this post would be to long if I listed them all.

Friday, November 26, 2010 at 4:21:00 PM EST  
Blogger VishousLovr said...

I'm grateful for contests such as these lol :)

Saturday, November 27, 2010 at 10:00:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Kathryn Lang said...

Thank you for reminding me that thankfulness starts with the attitude - there can be thanks for the unexpected and that habit of thanks allows me to be thankful even during the times that are tough.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 at 7:45:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home