Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Guest Blogger Jenna Kernan: Dream Walking

UPDATE: The winner of autographed copies of DREAM STALKER and GHOST STALKER by Jenna Kernan is HollyD! Congrats! Please email your physical addy to contests(AT)knightagency.net.

I became interested in dreams about the time I had nightmares linked with high fevers as a child and found myself locked in a terror from which I could not wake.

My fascination with dreams continues in the second in the TRACKER series, GHOST STALKER, (available: April 19, 2011). The heroine in this story has the ability to walk in another’s dreams. While there she is invisible to the dreamer but has the power to heal physical or mental trauma. When she uses her gifts to enter the hero's dream, she discovers four things, he isn’t lying, she’s irresistibly drawn to him, he can see her while dreaming and he remembers her visit. Here’s what happens when the hero wakes up to find she’s invaded his dream:

“What did you do?” he growled.

Her jaw dropped as words failed her. What had she done? In his dream he was so handsome, so giving. The temptation and promise of anonymity were too much to resist and she had lowered her guard.

“Oh, Great Spirit,” she whispered.

“You invaded my dream.”

“I never thought that, I mean, I didn’t intend…” How could she finish? “Nicholas, please.” She needed to recall who he was, no, what he was. But her body still trembled from his lovemaking.

“I didn’t intend that to happen.”

“You really had me fooled. All aloof on the exterior, but oh, how you burn underneath…”


A sneak peek from GHOST STALKER, releasing April 19th.

For more excerpts visit www.jennakernan.com

The third in the TRACKERS series, SOUL STALKER, arrives December 19th and features a Native American shape-shifting raven who needs the help of an enemy, who can speak to the dead, in order to stop a supernatural killer.

GIVEAWAY: I'll be giving away a copy of each DREAM STALKER and GHOST STALKER, the first two books in my original TRACKER series to one randomly chosen commenter. The winner will be announced tomorrow afternoon.

QUESTION: I look forward to hearing about one of your meaningful dreams or feel free to make a comment or ask a question about GHOST STALKER.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

I've been having strange dreams or more like nightmares in the last few years and believe me you don't want in on them. Years ago I dreamed a man was at my back door and when I openend it he gave me a bouquet of flowers; a week after my husband got a delivery to go do jury duty.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 9:58:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Linda Henderson said...

I usually don't remember my dreams, guess I haven't had any important ones. I've always been fascinated by the idea of reading peoples dreams. Your books sound fascinating and I'd love to read them. I'm a big fan of the Nocturne line.

seriousreader at live dot com

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 1:08:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow these sound great. I love finding new to me authors. Congrats on the upcoming releases.

HollyD

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 1:18:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Marnie said...

I like dreaming and I feel it is a gateway to somewhere else. Your book sounds very good.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 2:00:00 PM EDT  
Blogger donnas said...

Your books sound great. Thanks for sharing!!

I really dont remember my dreams very long. At least detail wise. But if they are really strange I will remember at least that I thought they were strange.

bacchus76 at myself dot com

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 4:43:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Jenna Kernan said...

Nice to see a conversation about dreams.
Linda - I often don't recall my dreams either, especially when I wake to an alarm or music. But when I wake up naturally, the dreams are more easily remembered. Especially when I pause a moment to recall them. They are very ethereal.
Marnie - I'm with you about the gateway. Dreams seem to be able to forewarn and also illuminate issues your conscious mind misses. They can be a great resource to our inner selves, but some times very scary.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 5:00:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Jacqui Pirl said...

Dreams can help you solve problems, give you creative ideas and, occassionally scare you to pieces. I keep a pena dn pad of paper near my bead. Some of my best ideas have come to me while I was sleeping.

Congrats on the books. They both sound great!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 7:51:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Wendy H said...

I sometimes remember my dreams god or bad...I also believe in ghosts and believe that sometimes they are family that have come back to check on things. My question is..Do you believe that dreams are like De Ja Vu? Have you ever thought this happened before to remember oh ya in my dreams?

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 9:21:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Jenna Kernan said...

I keep a pad and paper by my bed, too. I never know when an idea will present itself. Often I'll ask a plot question to myself before bed and then wait. Answers present themselves quite often.

As to De Ja Vu, I have experienced it, put usually when visiting a place that is unfamiliar, but feels familiar. I've never had that experience in a dream.

But - I have had a dream that foretold of something happening or helped me find something I was looking for.

Aren't dreams fascinating?

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 9:31:00 PM EDT  
Blogger felinewyvern said...

I rarely remember my dreams :(

Have you ever wished you could belike your heroine and walk in other peoples dreams? Guess you would get great story ideas from doing that :D

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 3:36:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just read the update. Thank you so much. I already know I'm going to love them.

HollyD

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 10:09:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home