Monday, September 19, 2005

ATTENTION: Change in Chat with Gena Showalter


Cough cough... may I have your attention, please. Due to a tremendous conflict (chat vs. the premiere of Lost), it is now apparent here at TKA that we must reschedule the chat with our star guest Gena Showalter for MONDAY SEPTEMBER 26th from 9-10PM EDT. While we know many of you have TiVo or a dinosaur recording device like me... putting the two fantastic events in competition with one another is quite a trying decision for too many fans (given the responses to our newly posted calendar). Please forgive me for scheduling the two against one another for *GASP* I am not much of a TV watcher; however, I can see myself getting hooked on a show like Lost. Please mark your calendars for MONDAY SEPTEMBER 26th from 9-10 PM EDT, as I am about to do on the TKA calendar posted on yahoo.

Now back to your regularly scheduled teaser...

What’s your favorite Sweet Valley Twins/High book? (I devoured those as a child too!!!)
Any book where Jessica and Elizabeth switched places. Straight-laced Elizabeth had to act like wild Jessica and vice versa, and I loved it! I’d always wanted an identical twin of my own, someone to blame for every bad deed.

What is it about Paranormal Romance that makes it YOUR niche?
Without a doubt, the possibilities. You can do anything and everything, create any kind of creature or circumstance, make dreams come true in the wildest ways. There are just are so many avenues to explore.

A place in the world you would LOVE to visit?
Besides Brad Pitt’s bedroom? Fiction wise, I’d have to say my version of Atlantis (as seen in Heart of the Dragon). I’d be quite the tart, dating the vampire king, the dragon king, and the nymph king (all at once). Real life, I’d say – and this is only if I could be placed in a deep sleep for the duration of travel (I hate planes) -- Scotland. Me loves me some men in kilts. Not to mention those accents!

Something you would love to tell all the writers, editors, and agents out there?
Go with your gut, always (then invent and blame a “twin” if it doesn’t work out).

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gena said:
"...if I could be placed in a deep sleep for the duration of travel (I hate planes)..."

If you figure that one out, please let me know. I've been wanting to get back to England and Europe but can't face the flight.

Looking forward to your chat. Now, if my Outlook doesn't fail to remind me...see you there!

Monday, September 19, 2005 at 7:59:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jaci Burton said...

thank God the chat was rescheduled. If I would have had to pick between Gena and LOST, and well, there is Sawyer and all. Sorry Gena. hehe

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 at 10:37:00 AM EDT  
Blogger The Girl You Used to Know said...

I'm with you, Jaci. Gena's a doll and all, but Sawyer...sigh.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 at 11:44:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, nice to know Sweet Valley wasn't a cheesy stage I went through. Cause I really did love those books. lol

And yes, Lost and Gena... tough choice. So glad it's been made easier for the lot of us. :)

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 at 2:28:00 PM EDT  
Blogger merlinsmuse said...

Okay, I have to admit that I've never watched a single episode of Lost. *ducking rotten fruit tossed at my head*

I try to avoid the easy addiction of sitting and staring at a screen while show after show rolls by.

But if so many people like Lost, maybe I should give it a try. Will I be lost (no pun intended) starting to watch once it's been on for so long.

Cathy

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 at 4:17:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Natalie J. Damschroder said...

No rotten fruit, Cathy, just lots of looks of pity. :)

I was not much of a TV watcher before last year. I mean, I almost NEVER watched TV. Before last year, it was Friends and football, and sometimes not even Friends.

I started watching Lost because it has Dominic Monaghan and he was in Lord of the Rings and I'm a total LOTR fanatic. And I was IMMEDIATELY hooked. I also started watching Alias, which was on after it, and blew through three seasons of DVDs from Netflix as fast as I possibly could.

The reason? The writing. I feel like I learn a lot from both shows about conflict and characterization. They are SMART shows that assume their audience is smart, as well. Most of all (which you'll see if you watch the behind-the-scenes stuff or any interview with anyone involved) is the PASSION. The producers, writers, directors, actors, and crew do this show because they LOVE it, and it definitely shows, beginning to end.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 at 1:08:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Julie Ramsey said...

Yes, I am also a newcomer to LOST. (obviously since I scheduled the chat at the same time) I'm not much of a TV watcher (and never have been since diapers), but I must say that I watched the recap and the espiode last night. Wow. Very clever! I like! I now understand what all the fuss is about!

Thursday, September 22, 2005 at 3:15:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The allure of paranormal romance? For me, it's a tortured hero. Give me a man destraught with problems, and I'll show you a devoted page turner!
www.nancyhenderson.com

Friday, September 23, 2005 at 10:36:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was cool to finally find out what was in the hatch }:) I love Locke!

Saturday, September 24, 2005 at 2:06:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home