Wednesday, August 23, 2006

WOW, am I ever excited? Why you may ask?! Because of you faithful blog readers who snapped up and jumped at my critique opportunity. You people are all amazing! And the opportunity is now officially gone!

I have kept quiet about the walk up to now because I was scared to death of it. I was scared of the walk ( I still fear I may be crawling across the finish at the end of each day!) and even more scared of my ability to go out there and raise my portion of our teams donation.

Well, let me tell you, those fears are LONG gone! I’ve been walking my little tush all over town in preparation, not an easy task to do considering the evening lows are 85 degrees – My training sessions are HOT HOT HOT little treks!

Training aside the best part about this event has been the fundraising. It has become a total obsession. The endeavor started off easy enough. We were each spurred on by a little banter back and forth among team members along the lines of “HAHAHA I have raised more than you.” It has become all out war! The second we get a donation notification we each get a hold of everyone else chanting “I got another one!” You can say that we’re all a little competitive, umm yeah, just a bit!

Regardless of which of us are in the lead, it is even more exciting to see the team total. We have already raised $8,000! How incredible is that! Every penny that we make goes to such an amazing cause and we are all having so much fun spreading the word! I am so proud of all of my fellow teammates for generating support for this great cause. We have all been blessed with tremendous support from our friends, families, and web-community – Thanks to each of you for helping us accomplish this! More to come!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lynne Simpson said...

Congratulations, Elaine! :-) I've been training since early July, and I know what you mean about this Atlanta heat. I'm NOT a morning person, but I've found that's the coolest part of the day. At least late October shouldn't be quite so hot. We hope, anyway. :-)

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 at 10:36:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Julie Ramsey said...

Yeah, getting up in the morning is TOUGH. But, wow, does it beat walking in the heat. Never know with this Georgia weather...it might be cold, cool, warm, rainy, or otherwise hot?! Good for you, Lynne, for training!!! Walk on!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 at 2:28:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Deidre Knight said...

Honestly? I'm terrified of this walk myself! But I'm gearing up and training because the cause is so worth it.

To everyone who has sponsored us so far--thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Deidre

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 at 11:15:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Marley Gibson said...

I'm glad I'm walking "cyberly." You'll have to walk with your Crackberries, so I can call and check on your progress during!

(Only need $400 more dollars to make my goal...anyone wanna sponor me?! = )

Thursday, August 24, 2006 at 1:20:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home