Thursday, June 30, 2005

It's What You've All Been Waiting For!

Yes, it's true! We are reopening general submissions here at The Knight Agency! As of today, we are now accepting queries from all writers. And you know what? We're excited about that fact!

A few things to keep in mind, however. I wasn't going to do so before I returned from vacation later in July, but I thought that so long as everyone knew that July will be busy, with vacations and RWA, that we would go ahead and open the doors right now. I have about 30 queries to answer, but otherwise I'm current. So feel free to hit us whenever you're ready.

For published authors, please mention that fact in your subject line. It helps us take special note.

Happy querying!
Deidre

5 Comments:

Blogger Ellen said...

Shoot. And here I am, still without a full novel to submit. Not that I was going to get one written by the end of July, either...

Thursday, June 30, 2005 at 3:41:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Deidre Knight said...

I should clarify--that's "current" on queries, not submissions, since someone just wrote me in a panic. :) Sorry to be confusing.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 at 4:04:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you say "published" authors, are you meaning in novel length? Does being in short story anthos count? Does it matter in my submission?
Thanks,
BeeJay

Friday, July 1, 2005 at 1:25:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know your agency represents a lot of paranormal romance, but do you have any historical romance authors that you currently represent? Or are any of your agents interested in seeing that subgenre? Just curious.

Thanks!

Friday, July 1, 2005 at 6:59:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Brenda said...

Rah! I've been WAITING for these magical words, and here I am without seven different works absolutely completed and polished. My timing sucketh, as usual.

I do have a group meeting with you at Nationals in which I plan to pitch one of them. It's almost completed and I have no doubt I can whip it out should you be interested in it, but now I'm wondering if I should query you BEFORE Nationals? ~nudge and wink~ Better to send in the query now, ahead of the pack, or wait it out until the end of the month?

Tuesday, July 5, 2005 at 3:08:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home