Monday, December 06, 2010

Bryan Anderson Up for Rare Life Award

Iraq war veteran and triple amputee Bryan Andersen's remarkable story of surviving and thriving after being severely wounded during his second tour of duty will be published in 2011. In the meantime, he continues to inspire thousands of people each year by sharing his message of perseverance and determination as spokesperson for both Pride Mobility and USA Cares, a non-profit organization that is focused on assisting post 9/11 veterans. He's also an avid sportsman, who loves snowboarding, skateboarding, archery, cycling, 4-wheeling and rock climbing  -- to name a few. And we do mean a few. There's nothing Bryan can't do if he puts his mind to it.

Recently, Bryan was nominated for a "Rare Life Award," which donates $10,000 to the charity of the winner's choice. The winner is determined by online voting. Please follow this link to show Bryan your support. It only takes a few seconds.

Click here to read our profile on Bryan earlier this year.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I voted! I wonder if we can vote more than once?

I remember hearing about Bryan through one of Deidre's online groups a few months ago. I told her then how inspired I am by his story and can't wait to read it when it comes out next year.

I ALWAYS thank the men and women who serve our country when I see them out and about in their uniforms. One time there were like 6 of them at my Walmart wandering around so felt like a broken record, but it was worth it to let them know I appreciate their sacrifices.

Thanks to Deidre and The Knight Agency for helping to bring Bryan's story to the world.

Monday, December 6, 2010 at 3:27:00 PM EST  
Blogger Unknown said...

*tee hee* FYI, I just tried re-voting, but they knew it was me. It says I can vote again tomorrow, though, so we must be allowed one per day. So I'll set myself a daily reminder until the contest is over! :)

Monday, December 6, 2010 at 3:30:00 PM EST  
Blogger Erin Knightley said...

Wow, he sounds like a truly amazing person. He definitely got my vote!

Monday, December 6, 2010 at 7:25:00 PM EST  
Blogger Unknown said...

I voted for him. I am inspired by people who are able to overcome so much. His service is very much appreciated by everyone in my household. The way that he holds himself and lives life is a great example for anyone. It would be a pleasure to talk with him.

Traveling to speak for your company must be exciting. He sounds like he does the most with his life. His life would be an amazing book. He's out there doing more things than I've dared to do, and I used to jump out of airplanes!

Thank you for recognizing such an amazing veteran,

Draven Ames

Wednesday, December 8, 2010 at 11:48:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home